Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
:(These last few weeks have been a bear...dealing with knee pain ....dealing with a change in pain meds...and now facing my husband leaving for a job 2 1/2 hours out of town for 9 months...

Now my husband's job move would not be so bad as I can visit him on the weekends or he can come home if he is not working 6 days a week on the job site. Of course, with my health being what is is....don't know if I can make the drive comfortably.

My all over body pain has not been under control lately which produces anxiety and depression...having my husband home every night gives me a sense of security that will not be there when he leaves. I am normally secure but pain causes anxiety which makes me feel like a wet noodle.

I do have wonderful friends that I can reach out to but everyone is so burdened with their own family dramas that I don't want to be that "needy' friend. I will read my bible and focus on some positive affirmations and when I can, work on some little projects I have going.

When my pain is being managed I have a much brighter outlook on life and feel like I can handle things like the adult I am...just feeling broke down this morning...been up since 3:30 a.m....tried two advil, laying on two heating pads, stretched, took half an oxy...finally just took my tramadol....drinking some nice honey chamomile tea...trying to feel more centered.

I know others can relate that's why I am posting here...where it is safe to say how I really feel..

Hugs to you all for what you deal with daily!

Hi JKerner, totally sympathize with your anxiety! Sorry to hear of your husbands job requirements, glad you have good friends and this forum :) I've always been a generally happy-go-lucky person but in the 4 months I've had this unexplainable pain, I've had probably 4 anxiety attacks. I had one once when I was 14 and now it's happening more often than I like. And the depression... for me its almost always based on whether its a good day or bad day. Days that the thought of getting out of bed is exhausting, I feel neglectful to my boyfriend & dog & house, then that causes more anxiety.
Turning to faith, affirmations and reading the Bible are fantastic outlets. And working on little projects, feeling productive, that's good stuff too.
One day at a time. One hour at a time when need be. You will get through. Somehow when you don't think you have the strength, you find it deep inside and realize just how strong you really are.
And I def understand how having a significant other present just creates a security and warmth that feels good. And missing that sucks. My boyfriend & I live an hour apart so we don't see each other every day, but when he is around, the pain is more of an after thought. I'm glad you have a husband that gives you that sense of security when he's there! Hope things are settling for you! Best wishes, and know you are not alone!

Thanks..I know I am not alone..helps a lot!

You are definitely not alone. I have a husband who mostly works out of town early Monday morning through sometimes late Thursday night. I get those feelings at times when I'm having a bad day or flare. I know exactly how you feel. Do you guys use text message? If not, I might suggest you try it. It's a great way to stay connected. It doesn't take a lot of time and can be done through out the day. Just knowing you have the ability to connect might put your anxiety at ease. Change can be difficult as it is, but the type of change you are talking about is very disruptive and unnerving. Good luck to you and stay connected. We're always here! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back