Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1995
Country
US
State
PA
I guess you all know by now my favorite comfort food is a big chocoloate milk shake, made with almond milk and Hersey's chocolate syrup, and vanilla ice cream.

No it is not completely healthy but it makes me happy when I am sad or depressed from fibro.

I usually snack on fresh veggies or fruit, or crackers and cheese, but I have my moments of potato chips and french onion dip as well.

So not to make you run for the kitchen, but share here your favorite food that calms you down and makes you feel better when your fibromyalgia is raging out of control. :?:

Anything chocolate.
Strange as I was never a chocoholic like my brothers but for me it seems to be a side effect of elavil. Choccy mad. Especially English cadbury when I can get it.
My other comfort food is pasta, whenever I am feeling under the weather I can nearly always eat some kind of pasta preferably with cheese or cheese sauce.
The two foods that really don't help my diet though

my comfort food is more of a comfort drink...
a carmel frap from starbucks hits the spot for me...
or, at times, I really really love chips and salsa (but it kills my heartburn:( )

My favorite comfort food is probably just fast food. I normally don't eat it much, that's why its so comforting to me.

Suadela, I just love when the weather gets warmer so I can have Tim Hortons icecap... they're a lot sweeter than anything I normally have but I just love them.

Strawberry shortcake is my comfort food. It is also my lets celebrate food. I do not know how many calories it is. Or if it that bad for me. But it is my "me" time, so who cares about calories. And also the sweet potato fries from Burger King. Yes, those are definetly not good for me. But they are so good.

Now you made me hungry for more strawberries. I had some the other day with some vanilla ice cream and sliced bananas. Yum! With Spring coming on I think about all the fresh fruit that will be popping up all Summer long. The blueberries and blackberries, watermelon and peaches, apples and pears. Right now I am enjoying tangerines and strawberries from Florida. I love fruit almost as much as I love chocolate milkshakes.

Anyone else like to add their favorite foods? Keep on sharing.. :)

My favorite comfort food lately is going to get me some wheight gain. I better watch this bad habit. My youngest son had a big chocolate Easter bunny. He did not really want it so I have been slowly munching on it. And to make it worse, I have been dipping it in fresh honey. Not the healthiest of comfort foods.

But I also have been drinking alot of soy milk with chocolate coco mix. So I think the soy milk is pretty healthy for me.

Libragirl67,
I think the honey is good for you and the soy milk. Chocolate is good too, well maybe not really healthy but if it lifts your spirits and makes you feel a bit better, then go for it. Just don't buy any more big chocolate bunnies. lol

I know who am I too say avoid the chocolate, but I was told that chocolate syrup has less calories and fat then regular candybars. So when added to milk or ice cream (low-fat), it is not quite as bad, maybe.
anyways thanks for sharing. I used to use chocolate cocoa mix a longtime ago.

Hash brown casserole, homemade chicken and noodles, homemade yeast rolls - can we say carbs?

You said the magic word for me there when it comes to comfort food... it starts with a C and ends with "hocolate." :) So that would be my number 1 choice. After that I'd have to say (with a blush) potato chips. Are we seeing a pattern here?! But when it comes to "real" food, I'd have to say meatloaf would be at the top of my list followed by sloppy joes. Strange combination of comfort foods!

Mine is vanilla ice cream with Hershey's Chocolate Sauce and peanut butter! Very naughty if you know what I mean. Sometimes I replaced the chocolate sauce with nutella! I was going through a pretty stressful period in my life and turned to food for comfort. It was a bad idea and I not only gained weight, I felt terrible. Once I got my diet back into order things started improving.

A very good point is made here by BrianWolfe, which is to use our comfort foods in moderation to aviod a large weight gain. If you exercise on a regular basis then you can indulge more often without the worrys of more weight. Try to use comfort foods as a way to cope when nothing else is working.
Wanted to thank you all for listing your comfort foods here and it is a way of sharing here as well, because now I know a lot more yummy choices to make when nothing is working. I just got a pint of fresh blueberries out of my freezer to munch on instead of another milkshake. Try to find ways to make your comfort foods with less fat and more good things added in. :)

Keep posting comfort foods.

I got a lot of comfort foods! But to narrow down, the one that can really perk me up is Mcdonal's cheese burger and Mcdonald's French fries. This combination is a winner, and my sad days are always turned around with just an order of the burger and fries combination. I do not eat that too often, though. I now maintain a healthy lifestyle and I am controlling my weight, so. But if I am really depressed, exhausted, and need to be happy, a delivery from Mcdonald's always is the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back