Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2015
Country
CA
State
New Brunswick
Just needed to vent today sorry just having a bad day with pain but still working. The pain in my fingers and legs today are bad even on the new medication that I started. I am sleeping a little better but with dealing with pain and my 11 year old son not sleeping not doing me any good.:( I just want one day where I can get up and the pain not be there well at least not as bad as it has been. I have been reading up on eating healthier and what not to eat so trying that. Drinking more water and less caferine. Just frustrating and I know others go through this but have no one to really complain to when I am having a bad day not sure my family quit understands yet. Sorry for venting today did not know where else to do it thanks for listening.

I did have a couple of ok days this week which was nice but comes and goes and I have to learn to live with that just hard to still accept that I have this.

My prayers are with everyone that has Fibro that we have pain free days ahead of us.

KD i hear you. big hugs. you can do this. i like your vent. we are here for you. private msg me anytime. its just goo to vent sometimes in private too.

I had to go through the process of mourning who I was and begin embracing who I am now in order to move forward in my life. Do I still struggle at times? You bet! But I roll with it much better and don't let it get me in such a dark place. We can't beat it. There has been no cure. We have to learn to deal with it in order to have quality of life. I have learned now to enjoy my life! I was forced to quit work. Finances are tight, but we're amazingly managing. My husband works out of town 4 days a week most of the time, but he doesn't put pressure on me if I can't DO.

I trust that you will get there. We should develop a 12 step program for fibro sufferers!....Gentle hugs and feel free to rant anytime....

Thanks everyone for listening to me rant had a ok day yesterday which was nice as it was Easter. I just want to ask this question do people that have this had alot of pain in their hip because I do and start to wonder if I have something else on top of this. My fingers really hurt today but I am still at work I am lucky to have a boss that understands and I take breaks when required to. I find since I started the new medication becoming for forgetfull more than usually. Just dealing with this and having an 11 year old at home that has issues himself hard to do. I think my husband is the only healthy one but of course he does not go to the doctor so who knows.

Terbaer yeah a 12 step program sounds like a good idea!.

Hugs to everyone and prayers that we all have a pain free days ahead.

KD, fibro is pain all over the body. i looked in my log book to see what this weeks pain areas were. Hand,fingers,left leg ,elbow,right calf, top of foot, then bottom of foot,lower back and both fore arms then both legs. that was just yesterdays areas. for me yesterday was a low pain day of level 3/4 pain. i'm glad you have a understanding boss. has your husband ever been to the doctor with you? that's when you need his support most.As brain fog will kick in during stressful situations like the doctor visit, extra eyes and ears can help.His questions need to be answered too. big hugs!

Hi KD,
Like you, I have pain in my fingers &hips, in addition to my butt, knees, shoulders, and neck. I live in South Texas and when the weather is cloudy or overcast & humid, I hurt even more than usual. Some days are good and others not so good but you're not alone. I was recently diagnosed so I too am learning about the daily struggle. I'll be sure to include you in my prayers tonight :)
Hugs to you,
Juanita

Thanks everyone for caring and your supportative words it is really appreciated :) Today is not good my fingers, arms and back and legs but I cleaned off the car this morning should have not but my husband left early for work this morning. I still try and push on I have to for my family and myself. Sometimes I even lose feeling in one side it goes all numb I hate it. I just up my dosage of medication today to 300mg three times a day but still find it is not doing anything but it is only week three so giving it more time. I have to keep going especially for my 11 year old who has health issues as well so it is all fun. Just need some sleep that is what I need today but still here at work.

Cmetryme sorry to hear the pain areas yesterday were all over for you but glad you had a ok day yesterday where the pain was only a 3/4. My prayers and thoughts are with you. No my husband does not go to the doctor's with me so I am sure he quit understands what this is but he has family that has this I am learning more each day of people I know who have it so it will be nice to be able to talk to them to see what helps them as well get through this.

Jomartin08 thanks for your response. I do find on cold days it is worse and right now where I live in Canada we still have lots of snow in April so no good for me :). Thanks again for including me in your prayers I will do the same and I pray for everyone every Sunday as I go to church and hoping God will guide me though this.

Hugs to all of you and hope your day is bright today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back