Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2004
Country
US
State
NY
I was diagnosed with fibro in 2004, but know I've had it much longer. Researched lots of stuff and managed to be in remission for many years. Well, actually, I retired from a stressful job and fibro eased. But now, with Covid and vaccinations, my fibro symptoms are back, big time. I struggled with each vaccination. And in May I got Covid. Last month, my symptoms got much worse: exhaustion, cough, chest congestion. I have no idea if this is Long Covid or fibro. But, either way, the symptoms are here for a long, long time.
Luckily, I'm retired and don't have a busy schedule so I can take as many naps as I need and cancel any appointments that take too much energy.
Happy to be here and to join other fibromites in this endless journey.
Nancy

Hi Dahlia,

If your symptoms are cough, etc. that sounds a lot more like long covid than fibro. But people with fibro have sometimes felt the effects of the vaccinations, and of getting covid itself, harder than people without fibro. It could be a combination. But whatever it is, doing all the things you can do to support your overall health will help you to deal with this and ease the symptoms.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope we are helpful to you here. Ask any question you have, and we will be here to answer as best we can.

Hi everyone. Thanks for the welcome. I've been so unhappy lately thinking I was in a fibro flare since I've basically been in remission for a decade. My "Long Covid" symptoms are getting better day by day.
It's so good to find a group of people who know what I'm going through. I'll be back!
Nancy

Sweet post and what an handsome bunch, genetically blessed or what? ♥️🌹♥️

Haven't been here in a while, so I just want to share my thoughts. I think I'm in denial. I've been researching the many reasons I'm tired: underactive thyroid, anemia, dehydration, poor sleep. I've started taking iron supplements (was actually able to donate blood last week), trying to drink lots of water, blood test says my thyroid levels are normal, use a CPAP machine and going to the bathroom at night less. So, it's probable my fibro. The thing is, I want to fix my fatigue and won't believe that I can't (because, fibro).

Since Covid reared its ugly head, many of my symptoms which I've managed to control, are back. Each time I got a Covid shot, I suffered for at least a week. I guess I should just be grateful that I'm retired and that fibro can't affect my life much now. Last stage: acceptance.
Nancy

The thing is, I want to fix my fatigue and won't believe that I can't (because, fibro).
Well I haven't given up on that either, and no way would I call that denial.
And since Chinese acupuncture and finding and treating my phosphate and B2/riboflavin deficiency has helped quite a lot, I've been right so far.
I do accept things easily as long as I can't change them, but if I have / get an idea how I might be able to, I will follow that thru to the end and further. Careful curiosity "cured" the cat 😜 is my motto, and it's at least much improved the quality of this tom cat's life 😸.

Forgot that fatigue is also a symptom of anemia and dehydration: guilty! Taking iron supplements a few times a week and trying to remember to drink, drink, drink!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back