Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
uk
State
Choose a State
Hi everyone,
This is my first post. I have suffered from head neck shoulder and finger pain for about 15 years. I finally surrendered earlier this year and went to see a doctor. Nothing i ever took from over the counter touched the pain i was in. I got sent for an xray and put on napraxon. The xray on my neck came back normal which i couldn't believe. I was convinced i had athritis. I couldn't take the napraxon because it gave me horrific stomach pains. I am now taking tramadol in the day and 100mg amitriptyline at bedtime. I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink without pain relief now. My blood tests have all come back normal. No auto-immune problems and my thyroid is fine. I had an MRI last week on the whole of my spine and neck and am still waiting for those results. Oh and no inflammation in my blood so the doc says i deffo don't have athritis. My symptoms have got alot worse this year but i also went on a beta blocker this year so now i don't know if they are side effects of my beta blocker or new symptoms from my potential Fibro. I now have deep muscle pains in my arms and legs. My feet hurt. My wrists feel sprained. The bottom of my back throbs and i have a headache every day. In a morning i nearly cry getting up i am in so much pain. Does anyone know if beta blockers could cause these additional problems? I'm in agony typing this and i've taked 4 tramadol today. I do have all the fibro symptoms especially the fog. I feel like i have alzheimers and i'm only 43. Anyway if the MRI comes back normal the doc is sending me to a rheumatologist. I'm just worried they'll say it is all down to my beta blocker even tho i've been in daily pain for nearly 2 decades. Does anyone else take beta blockers on here?
Thanks for listening to my rant! I have no idea if i have fibro or not x

Welcome . I take tramadol I have four a day but if I'm in a flare I have 6 to 8.
But the best results for me was two trams and tow plain old paracetamol.something in them help make the tramadol work better,
I only do it when I need to so morning and night. Read the back of the beta blockers to see if that's s side affect . Pls feel free to rant away that's what we're here for

Beta blockers can give you muscle weakness and aching limbs in higher doses but not enough to give you all the severe pain you talk about i dont think.

I was on a high dose 160 mg propanalol daily when i was quite young before i had fibro and they slow your heart rate and reduce oxygen to the muscles making them ache and a bit weak.

Have you thought about reducing the dose or changing the type of beta blocker.

I realy dont think they would give you the sprained wrists feeling and pains in the neck and feet etc more arms and legs dull ache.

Auto-immune blood tests are not reliable. Positive means "probably." Negative means "maybe not." Don't let any doc tell you that you don't have autoimmune based on a blood test alone. It should be used as just one clue among many.

Have you seen a rheumatologist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back