just need to vent/whine/complain a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i have had ingrown big toenails for around 15years ish and i have always managed to deal with them myself clipping away the problem bits and avoiding infection. Well one bit i have not been able to deal with and the toe has been infected on and off for 6months.
So i finally bit the bullet and booked in to get the minor op to deal with it. I know it needed to be done and was the right decision. I was prepared for it to be painful/sore(nothing new about pain around here 🙄). I got it done Tuesday afternoon, yesterday(Wednesday) wasnt too bad, today(thursday) holy f... moly!!!! I have two furbabies who are very excited in the mornings to see me which is normal and my 30kg labrador unintentionally was bounding a bout and stood/jumped on my toe that got operated on!!! I have not screamed out in pain in a blimmin long time, this then led to a 20min crying session sitting on the floor. The past four weeks have been brutal on all fronts, Ive been trying so hard to pull myself out of this hole im in and keep positive etc but at the moment i just cant. Im so over it all - the pain, the pills, the doctors visits, the judgement from ignorant a-holes.
I dont want to live like this, cus its not living, its just barely existing.
I want to be able to get out of bed in the morning without having to roll out and crawl to the shower, i want to be able to play with my dogs when i want to. I want to be able to go on a date or out for the day without having to schedule my day around the things i need to do to be able to just exist. I want to not continuously cancel plans because my pain levels are out of control or the fatigue is so debilitating today that moving my limbs takes a heroic amount of energy and effort.
I want to be able to have a relationship and not worry that my health is going to eventually be too much for that person.
Im 29 years old and the thought of living the rest of my life like this is crippling

I know i need to stay positive and am usually pretty good at it but at the moment everything is just all too much

Just needed to vent, i do see/have seen a counsellor on and off and for some stuff it helps other stuff not so much. I just needed to vent
Were any of you quite 'young' when you got sick? I was 22
It doesnt matter what age you are no one deserves to have to live like this. I guess im also grieving the things i wanted from my life and that were/are important to me, i feel like theyve been stolen

@hope23 - You sound like you could have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome - the hyper-extension & popping joints out of place are leading symptoms of that (the counselor I was seeing has it so i learned a little about it.) might be worth checking into..
Just rereading through some old threads and it just goes to show that nothing is ever clear cut, my doctor examined me multiple times and my score didn't come out high enough for ehlers danlos, first rheumatologist didnt even mention it. Seeing the rheumatologist a month or two ago and thats what shes looking into 🤦‍♀️

Just rereading through some old threads and it just goes to show that nothing is ever clear cut, my doctor examined me multiple times and my score didn't come out high enough for ehlers danlos, first rheumatologist didnt even mention it. Seeing the rheumatologist a month or two ago and thats what shes looking into 🤦‍♀️
yeah, definitions & criteria change over the years... and there are now several different distinct variations as well, so who knows.

it's funny, but I started this thread as a spot for me to vent/whine/complain and it has turned into a catch-all for everyone to do the same. lol Not complaining, I am happy to share it! Please feel free to continue as needed! We all feel the need now and again.

Well, phooey... my dinner got ruined.

was making "mexican" for dinner... taco meat, refried beans, rice, etc..
opened the brand new package of tortillas that I bought on Tuesday, and they were moldy!! big fat mold spots on nearly every single tortilla down one side, that were unseen/hidden by the labeling.. completely ruined my appetite. :cry: 😭 (not that I was all that hungry to begin with)

have not been sleeping very well lately, hurt too much.

on a brighter note... quitting smoking is going pretty well... not completely tobacco free yet, but have gone from 1.5-2 packs a day down to 4-5 cigs... in less than a week

on a brighter note... quitting smoking is going pretty well... not completely tobacco free yet, but have gone from 1.5-2 packs a day down to 4-5 cigs... in less than a week
Congratulations 🥳 👏 on a great start to quitting. You should be so dang proud of yourself.
You’re going to feel heaps better. I hope you been putting all that saved $$$ away to reward yourself when you’ve totally quit.

I hope you been putting all that saved $$$ away to reward yourself when you’ve totally quit.
it has only been a week, LOL, not much saved yet....
but yes, that money will be used for other things now

quitting smoking is going pretty well... not completely tobacco free yet
Brilliant. Hope it works out. I've known people stop inside of "a day", don't know how that's possible.
More often I know people who've "stopped" >10x... so I hope it'll turn out the first kind: once and never again...

Well done cookie for smoking quit 🥳👏🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back