MarsB

Reason
DX FIBRO
Country
US
State
IN
Hello everyone-
Diagnosed with FIbro/CFS in 2013 after having chronic henoch schonlein purpura for almost 2 years. The diagnosis has been hard for me to accepted.

About me-
married to the love of my life with one fur baby- a Russian Blue named Ella šŸ˜ŗ
located in southern Indiana
nurse for 31 years
love crafts, cooking, reading, and my new interest is flowers

Things that help me:
gapapentin/Zanaflex
PT
psychologist with compassion and understanding of fibromyalgia
epsom salt baths

Things I struggle with:
over spending my energy ā€œtokensā€
saying ā€œnoā€ to social engagements and events
thinking a nap is ok.
thoughts of feeling lazy when my to do list isnā€™t completed
the idea of applying for disability

Thanks for the thoughts, support and ideas!

Hi MarsB and welcome to the forum.

I have written an informational post that has many suggestions for things you can try and can experiment with to ease symptoms of Fibro and to make it more manageable. I hope that you fine some ideas in there that will help you.

You will find a lot of other information in people's posts here as well. Remember not everything works for everyone and you have to find out what works for you. there are many alternatives to taking pain medication or other drugs and we encourage people to try those things out. Pretty much we all struggle with the same things, including the ones you mention.

There is support and caring here and we want you to know that you are welcome and that you do not have to face the challenges that fibro brings all by yourself. We are here for you.

Welcome, I completely understand!! I have had to struggle with many of those same things. I have not worked in 4 yrs and am now coming to terms with giving up my nursing license. My trauma counselor along with medical massage tx, chiropractic, and my accupuncturist/TCM has been a huge help. Yes, this is in addition to my pcp.

As far as rest/nap is concerned 45-60 min can make a big difference.

Jody

The diagnosis has been hard for me to accepted.
Hi @MarsB and welcome,
We are all here to help each other find better ways of dealing with diagnosis/symptoms. You can still live your life, you may just be a little bit slower or have to find other ways of doing things. And if you do over spend those energy tokens, there's lots of support here, we will be listening! :)

Welcome,I can understand all of the above,lol we all feel lazy if we don't do something.I offen feel like a let down if I can't do something.i have 4 children 3 grown and a 10 year old.,so I'm often running about ,and I always feel like the mum who can't keep up.not just because I'm older,but because I'm always in pain or tired.
Throw in the extra weight ,and you can feel pretty sorry for yourself.
And you know what that's OK.dont feel bad for feeling bad. Allow yourself these days ,feeling angry upset or just plain sorry for yourself is a right we all have x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back