Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2005
Country
UK
State
Dorset
Hi everyone. I am new to the group, please be gentle with me! I have had Fibro and CFS for many years after picking up a nasty virus on holiday abroad. I have had a rather stressful life, having been raised by an abusive narcissistic mother and suffering well into adulthood. We all know how stress plays an important factor with fibro. I believe the death of my dad, my children’s father and a family suicide have all played major parts in my flare ups and pain. An enormous amount of work stress this year has resulted in a very painful year and I am currently suffering big time. I take topamax, amitriptyline and cocodamol when the pain is bad. I work four days a week and am a single mum of four grown up children with two beautiful granddaughters. I don’t really have any ‘support’ as such as no one really understands what I go through. :oops:

Hi! I'm new here too. Stress is my biggest trigger also. My mom is also narcissistic! Interesting. She also has fibromyalgia though so she tends to be one of the few who really understands what I'm going through.
Hang in there :)
Margo

Hi! I'm new here too. Stress is my biggest trigger also. My mom is also narcissistic! Interesting. She also has fibromyalgia though so she tends to be one of the few who really understands what I'm going through.
Hang in there :)
Margo

Hi,
that is interesting. I have no contact with my mother. She did not understand, in fact she told me that my illness was no more than a malingerers disease! so in that respect you are lucky.. x Thanks for the reply TwinsMomma. x

It sure is frustrating when people don't really think that you are sick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back