Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
OH
I was officially diagnosed with Fibro almost 3 weeks ago. I have had all the symptoms however for about 9 years. I go to my Rheumatologist in three days to find out "the treatment plan", and I'm hopeful but nervous. He has had me doing gentle stretches and 20 min. walks so far. My Family Dr. has me on Naproxen and a Tramadol at bedtime. But like others, I don't sleep much for the pain. I have been reading here for a few days, and can see that you all are very loving and caring! I have also found lots of encouragement here! Thanks for being so kind! And yes, even with all the pain,stiffness,and etc.... I am HappyToBeAlive!
I have Fibro...it doesn't have me.

Hello there HappyToBeAlive! Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay here. Have a nice day.

Thank You niiro17! I am sure I will! I have never been brave enough to join a group, but sometimes this Fibro can get overwhelming! Hope You have a nice pain-free day too!

Good Morning HappyToBeAlive, I want to thank you for starting a kindness fire, this morning I checked my e-mail and seen the notification that someone had wrote under my thread in moaning and complaining and when I seen your post it made me smile from the heart out and I've welcomed another new member with the kindness you started in me. Sometimes I am so guilty of being so wrapped up in myself that I tend to neglect the world around me when the pain is at its worst and it is all I see, think or feel. I am so sorry to hear you have Fibromyalgia but not the least bit sorry that you have been diagnosed as I will never ever forget the moment a label was stuck to the hell I was going through and to have it acknowledged as real and not in my head or over reacting to the pain from my other issues was a high point for me and so many others. I hope that you will find a compassionate and loyal friend in me and look forward to "talking" to you more ahead. Thank you again for taking the time to reach out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back