Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
AU
State
TAS
Hi everyone!

My name is Jess, I'm from Australia. Am new to the forum and kind of new to fibromyalgia. I have had symptoms for years but the Drs aren't sure if it is fibro or autoimmunity yet - more waiting and tests over time to be done. Does anyone here ever feel like they are making their symptoms up? I know I'm not of course, but after people doubting and not understanding for so long I'm starting to feel like it is all in my head. :roll: I'm sure I can't be the only one!

Hi, you've come to the right place for info I think. Reading medical articles that try to be so clinical and scientific can make you feel that way. I would suggest you read lots of threads and past posts on this forum from real people and you will get a first hand view of what it's like to live with fibromyalgia. Maybe it's you, maybe it's not and everyone has different triggers. There are some very kind souls here. First, though, it is important to exclude all other possibilities of illnesses so you can opt for the most appropriate course of action for yourself. If you are given a firm diagnosis then you will need to nurture yourself a little more and listen to your body. Best of luck.

Hi I'm Helen.
I live in South Australia and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, depression, PTSD and anxiety last year. My son has urged me to come online and find a forum and speak to other sufferers of fibromyalgia. I wonder if someone who has fibromyalgia has actually beaten the feeling of hopelessness and feeling like you are a burden to your family like I do. I was a happy lady who taught in a school but suffered bullying by some people who should have known better. I would love to read about how people cope everyday with fibromyalgia.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back