Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2007
Country
US
State
FL
Hi, i am new to the site. I am 48 years of age and have had fybro for about 10 years. It took 7 of the 10 to convince me I did. Now that I have accepted it I feel lost. The Drs. here do nothing to help because I can not take any meds due to all the side effects and they just blow me off when I refuse. I took Cymbalta and ended up in the ICU with heart problems.
I told my cardiologist I will never know the difference between a heart attack from chest pain or if it's fybro and she stated probably not. That to me is scary.
I have all the trigger points plus extras as I call them. Just wondering if anyone else has had
chest pain so bad that it felt like a heart attack. Where the muscle contracts so tight in the back and wraps around to the chest and take your breath away.
I also have had left sided face tingling and scalp burning. I haven't found anyone else that has has the face issue.
Hope I have written in the right place

Donna

Welcome Donna, I'm sorry I don't suffer like u do, but we have so many ppl come to this site I'm sure someone here will no just how u feel.
I'm so sorry u have this scary pain.the only thing I can add is heart attacks bring pain down the left arm.so try to take some comfort in that.

You should not give up yet. The three pillars of medicine consist of medication, physical therapy and exercise. Fibromyalgia can be treated using supplements like 5-HTP and SAMe supplements which are the building blocks of dopamine and serotonin. These two hormones ease pain, anxiety and depression associated with fibromyalgia. Low levels of magnesium also causes fibromyalgia. Exercise is also very important. On a final note, St. John's wort is also used to treat depression caused by fibromyalgia. So hope is not lost and you have got plenty of arrows in your quiver.

Hi Donna and welcome I get the tight band chest pain like you describe it goes right through me back to front like i am being crushed. I also suffer with almost daily migraine burning facial pain which also causes same rigidlty and tightness so that its hard to eat and speak the pain is so severe.
'
Its all horrible i know. I take cocodamol...a medium opiate med but its not very effective so i couldnt reccommend it as a big reliever.

I am like you and react badly to meds...tried the amytriptiline etc but send me a bit nutty.

I know what you mean by docs writing you off when you don't do what they say but you are in charge of your own body.

Remnants idea of more holistic approach is worth a shot. Good Luck

Donna, from what I heard that burning sensation in the scalp is very common among fibro sufferers, I never had it, but a lot people on this forum have reported it. There is even a thread about it, there is a big chance this symptom has something to do with a type of alopecia. Better consult the dermatologist if you start experiencing hair loss and that burn in your scalp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back