Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2020
Country
US
State
MO
When you guys are feeling real bad do any of you get real emotional? Last night I was hurting so bad after a busy day -AND- I worked out at Planet Fitness. I couldn't stop crying. I'm always sure to stretch out real good afterwards & drink a lot of water. I paced myself yesterday as my hubby & I were out most of day & we even ended the night by going to see a movie- very relaxing. (So nice to be in the theater again!) But EVERY TIME I feel like I'm having a flare or any fibro symptoms I cry. I've always had a high pain tolerance...and I don't even feel it's the pain per se, just everything. All the symptoms together can get to be a bit much, ya know? Anywho~just wanting to chat & vent with anyone willing.

When you guys are feeling real bad do any of you get real emotional? Last night I was hurting so bad after a busy day -AND- I worked out at Planet Fitness. I couldn't stop crying. I'm always sure to stretch out real good afterwards & drink a lot of water. I paced myself yesterday as my hubby & I were out most of day & we even ended the night by going to see a movie- very relaxing. (So nice to be in the theater again!) But EVERY TIME I feel like I'm having a flare or any fibro symptoms I cry. I've always had a high pain tolerance...and I don't even feel it's the pain per se, just everything. All the symptoms together can get to be a bit much, ya know? Anywho~just wanting to chat & vent with anyone willing.
Hi AimB143,
So many of us can relate to what you are saying.
Although for the most part my emotional responses have run more toward irritation if not downright anger than crying, I know that when one is faced with what feel like overwhelming odds, not to mention serious physical pain, and no solid prospect of changing things for the better, it is only natural to have an emotional response.

I hope your husband is supportive to you in these situations. I suggest you try not to feel bad (if you ever do) about having that response. It is clear from your post that you are not just lying down and letting fibro take your life away; you are doing good things to deal with it and have a life in spite of it. If sometimes you need to break down and cry, let yourself do that. It won't hurt anything and as long as a person doesn't just stay in that mode and wallow in it for days, it is a reasonable release of stress.

You are not alone. There are people here who understand.

Thanks for your words! Just knowing others "get it" is so huge!

I have an amazing husband who holds me & lets me cry- and is really comforting! I'm blessed in that regard for sure. He often tells me - "Sit down! I don't want you overdoing it!" 😍 He's a good man!! My wish is that everyone could have such a strong support for them.

Certainly feel you! I've had totally side-swiping emotional swings ever since my Fibro fully manifested. It's really tough - but Sunkacola is totally right. Instead of feeling bad about the emotions we experience, we can give ourselves credit for what we're carrying and managing. It's a huge achievement, and those emotions come with the territory of our hard-earned warrior status!

Certainly feel you! I've had totally side-swiping emotional swings ever since my Fibro fully manifested. It's really tough - but Sunkacola is totally right. Instead of feeling bad about the emotions we experience, we can give ourselves credit for what we're carrying and managing. It's a huge achievement, and those emotions come with the territory of our hard-earned warrior status!
Beautifully said!! 💞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back