DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
state
Hi Everyone,

This is my third thread here. I think I may be on this forum for a while. I like it here. I don't know how many people would be interested in what I have to say but I am going to give posting here a shot anyways.

I want to start with a new attitude. I am going back to school, riding an hour on the bus there and back. My school is very populated with lots of stimulation. The nurses office will be difficult to get to in case I really need it. I am taking out major loans to pay my rent because school and work does not seem like a healthy option at the moment. This is my life, or more precisely a part of my life.
There are things that have been really getting to me like my neighbor shoveling the snow. I hear the scraping and it hurts so badly. I just want to pull my hair out from frustration. I always wanted to be the type of person who keeps their cool no matter what and here I am constantly feeling like punching people really hard because their noise literally hurts to hear. And this is what I am getting at. I need to feel better inside myself. This entire sickly mess is here inside of me, following me everywhere I go. I want to let this excruciating experience build me, build my character, patience, personality. It will be a shame to not take advantage of the opportunity to do this. This is my way of seeing some meaning and purpose in this point of my life. Because I generally feel robbed of my being. I am being poked and prodded in all directions bu doctors, psychiatrists and therapist. My life is a mystery with my needing to be intimately vulnerable to figure it out.

Writing here helps. Although there may not be any huge point or question here it helps.
I am interested in building online relationships with members here, so please feel free to comment or just say hi.

Have a wonderful day.
Miss Spunky!

Hello, Miss Spunky! I hear ya! I agree about the noise....oh it really drives me up a wall at times, and it doesn't take much. We have heightened sensitivity to noise, light, smells. I also know what you mean about wanting to not "waste" this experience with fibro. I feel like it has made me more patient with others and more sensitive and compassionate about others' disabilities and needs. It's also caused me to slow down and appreciate more simple things.

I love reading what you have to say! And I also agree that it is good therapy to get your thoughts and feelings out. We're all in this together, and it's wonderful to have the support of those who understand what we're going through. I like it here, too! I'll look forward to getting to know you!

Take care,
Elizabeth

Instead of punching your neighbor try wearing ear plugs when he starts shoveling. My neighbor shovels off his steps by dragging the shovel over the boards which can be really nerve wracking at times, but yet again he shovels my whole driveway for me so I can not complain. Instead I put my ear muffs on and that softens the noise and yet I can still hear my phone ringing or the door bell.

Good luck in trying out your new wings and making a effort to be out involved in life again. Be careful that you don't over do or over extend yourself in balancing the school and borrowing money, and no work thing. I hope all goes very well for you and maybe you will live up to your name meaning being down right Spunky. lol

I will be cheering for you and hope things work out well. :)

sweed. I have tried ear plugs. it is the most obvious thing to do.

"Don't overdue yourself". Going to school is overdoing myself. It all is. Life is overdoing myself. I am not faced with better options so here is to overdoing myself again and again and again. Here is to entering a new hell called living. It is hell and it burns, but even hell has light from the fire. So I will be all like "Thank you G-d for the light!".

Miss Spunky, I hear ya. Everyday is a struggle to some degree but hey what don't kill me just makes me stronger. Good luck with all your up to.

I just want to wish you the best of luck in going forward with your life. Yes, life is stressful and it is over doing for the most part. My thought was if you can pace yourself throughout your days and take rest stops where you can, maybe you will suceed in getting through collage and beyond. By the way I like the name you picked because it shows you have got courage to push ahead and hopeful have a wonderful future. Best of luck in all you do. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back