Keeping up with Physical Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are really excellent suggestions, really good ones. Mine is a little silly. But at the time, it was all I had the energy to accomplish. Wall pushing. I'd just stand in a corner and push off the walls, almost like doing push ups except I'd push away far and let myself fall back, so it was more like an aerobic activity. I had a hard time with my thigh muscles at the time, so this worked really well for me. Also, I got some 3 pound weights and just lied in bed and did some movements with them..

I really sympathize, at your worse, you just can't move. All you want to do is curl up in a ball. But you know that you have to. sometimes, I'd just stand and swing back and forth. just swing one leg at a time, up and back. I did not have the energy to walk or jog in place, but I could brace myself between 2 walls in a hallway and just swing my legs. My advice, just keep going. I am here, because I am a survivor of this, it's gone and I am glad, but I lived with it for about 10 years.

My blessings to everyone. I understand.

I think I will make my own fitness for Fibro video.
BED DANCING
When you wake up in the morning it can be very hard to get yourself going so I decided my own way of limbering up while still in bed.
Put your fave radio station on. Radio is better coz it give breaks when the talky bit is on.
Start by just gently stretching each muscle group. I used to like working from my feet up
Once you have had a good stretch get wiggling to the tunes that come on. You can go full body wiggle dancing or I like to again with muscle groups.
Just clenching and relaxing body parts can keep you toned and use up a few extra calories. You don't have to go mad only a couple of songs if that's all you can manage.
The good thing is you are already lying down so you can't fall over and hurt yourself and you take some gravity out of the equasion making it easier on your limb and your not gonna get cold and crampy.
When I was at my worst it was the only exercise I got.

Music gets me going everytime. I prefer rock music and hair bands from the 80's. I have always been a huge music lover. And maybe it is a feeling of nostagia being a teenager in the 80's. But when I listen to some of those bands I just feel great inside. It gets my mind motivated and in turn it gets my body trying to go too. But whatever types of music you like, I really believe in it.

Also swimming is one of the best forms of exercise for me. It does not even feel like actual exercise. I take advantage of the motel pools when I can. And plus they almost always have a hot tub. Which is like a piece of heaven after the short swim.

I also consider doing my housework as exercise. I am moving and bending and stretching so it should be like a light workout.

Twiztc - that sounds like me just struggling to get out of bed some days! :D

I am thinking of putting the resistant bands that my husband got me for Christmas (at my request, and yet I've not yet used them, d'oh!) by my bed so that I can use them in the morning. They're such an awesome set, I really have no excuse! They're a set of like 5 tubular bands with foam-padded handles set on a swivel hinge so they're always comfy-gripped and you can mix and match them to have everything from 5-75 pounds of resistance on the same handle. There's an ankle strap and a thing you can stick under a door to hold it in place and do leg exercises, too. I really need to use the darn thing soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back