Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
11/2021
Country
US
State
MN
Hello, friends,
Do any of you experience localized fatigue? I can’t think of any other way to describe it. I was fine, went out to walk he dog (15 min). I was in deep snow, and when I came in I felt an odd weakness in my knees and my eyes felt weird. I had this years ago when I started experiencing these unique symptoms. It subsided after about 4 hours.
I also have a lot of inflammation in my knees , the bursa. They hurt so bad

I was in deep snow, and when I came in I felt an odd weakness in my knees and my eyes felt weird.
Hmm, deep snow?!
I can't recall a time where deep snow didn't make my knees feel weak and my eyes feel weird... 🧐
Walking in the snow? Or sand? Doesn't that make the strongest person weak in the knees?
And the bright reflections from the intense reflections?
It subsided 4 hours after being out in the snow? You think 15 minutes isn't long?! Ages for me, without snow! 👐

But yes, an odd weakness, even without your bursa inflammation from the muscles and tendons around the knee is probably the reason why I can hardly walk for any length of time (altho I can do really powerful things with my legs sometimes, lemme see: 10 squats in 1 minute is no problem, even today....)

Thank you. I can’t explain it very well. It’s not like when a person w/out issues gets tired muscles after a hike or something. It’s a different feeling and so frustrating.

I can’t explain it very well. It’s not like when a person w/out issues gets tired muscles after a hike or something. It’s a different feeling and so frustrating.
Yeah, that's aside from the snow: and I know! And none of us can explain it well, well done for trying!
But many of us have knee/leg problems walking, it is part of this.
You're making me wanna have another go at describing how weak they feel after a 15' walk - without snow!
I know I couldn't even attempt 5' snow, whilst cycling thru snow might be OK (it was before MCAS).

Hello, friends,
Do any of you experience localized fatigue? I can’t think of any other way to describe it. I was fine, went out to walk he dog (15 min). I was in deep snow, and when I came in I felt an odd weakness in my knees and my eyes felt weird. I had this years ago when I started experiencing these unique symptoms. It subsided after about 4 hours.
I also have a lot of inflammation in my knees , the bursa. They hurt so bad
yes.. I try to avoid walking in deep anything if at all possible. anything more than a 3-4 inches - for me - can cause this.

and for the eyes - wear sunglasses! every time you go out in the snow.. even if overcast.. the bright white is hard on the eyes.
i wear sunglasses in the winter every time i go outside.. even if i am just going to the mailbox (rural route)

Thank you!!!

Right now I’m experiencing another of my special pains. 🥲It’s in my knees (I’ve also had in elbows). It is a pain that feels deep in the knee and makes me not want to move them. Anyone have This?

yeah, I do, but I get it in the elbows a lot more often than in the knees.
heat helps sometimes, but not every time.

I’m sorry you get it-it sucks. Yea, I agree with the heat. Have a good day 🌼

yep, I have knee problems.
I used to be an avid hiker. Hiking was my favorite activity, but about a year ago my knees started giving me trouble. I can hike up a mountain just fine, but coming down again my knees became excruciating. Since I had planned and paid for a major trek in the Andes, I got steroid injections in my knees, something I would normally avoid like the plague. It allowed me to do the trek, but I am not interested at this point in getting them monthly as some do...
You might look into that if it gets too bad, but that isn't of course a solution, just a bandaid. I wish I knew the solution because I need it too!

I sometimes wonder what normal life was like. Thank you for your help.

I sometimes wonder what normal life was like.
Normal?? what is this "normal" you speak of?

:D kidding, but not kidding... been so long since i felt "normal" that I have forgotten what it is supposed to feel like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back