Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
anywhere
How does fibro affect your knees hips and thighs.

My legs and feet are usually achy and stiff daily to varying degrees ....they used to improve but seem stuck on full throttle pain.

The area where the bones go into the knee below it on the inside of leg, and out of the knee above it, around the thigh bone and hip is excrutiating. Nothing helps ....its like the bones are burrowing into the knee joint and my hips have started clicking and locking as i get up or go upstairs.

This all happened after a enforced period of low activity and then my dad commented that i don't try hard enough which is not true at all. I was so upset i pushed through fatigue and pain to go for a walk and could hardly move when i got back. That was 12 days ago and i feel like i am injured as i am not recovering.

Is this normal as after 7 years i haven't had such severe pain that stays set in the same places all day every day?

Before it would move around,,,change from bad to okish some days.

Hi Willow, I am sorry to hear you are in so much pain.

I have had constant pain in my hands since I was diagnosed in May. I know I'm not the only one here with constant hand pain, but from what I can tell it's not typical for fibromyalgia. I have also noticed that I am healing very very slowly now. I scraped my knee in July, and I still have a big mark on my skin where it hasn't finished healing.

One thing my doctor told me that has stuck with me is that I shouldn't chalk every new symptom up to fibromyalgia. Because this pain is different it might be worth seeing the doctor about it.

I hope you have better days soon - I am saying prayers for you.

Thank you DK engineer....i think maybe my fibro has just changed as i too have problems with my hands all the time whereas until this last few months my hands just ached now and again and were quite reliable...if you know what i mean. I wish better days for you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back