Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
ME
There has been some recent activity here about the benefits of kratom, specifically from one company and one new member. I have to speak up.

Be aware that this is not approved by the FDA for human consumption. It is derived from a plant in Thailand where it is used as a substitute for opium. It affects the opioid receptor in the brain much like morphine. It is highly addictive. It is also a psychoactive. Please, if you are looking for alternatives, become educated and aware.

I am a strong advocate for alternative treatments and use many in my life to manage my fibromyalgia. I know that 'not approved by the FDA' can mean a lot of things. Many of the supplements I take are 'not approved' treatments for fibromyalgia, but they help. I buy only products that have been quality tested because I want to be assured the supplement I take is really what it says it is and at the same concentration every time I take it.

With this product, you have none of those assurances. Unlike medical marijuana, which can also be a crap shoot for quality (again Really know your source), this drug has some serious risks and significant interactions with other drugs you may be taking.

The choice is yours. Be an informed consumer.

Well said Loftpat.

I have heard about this and looking to where I can buy for my friend, she's consuming a lot of medicines and I'm afraid one day her liver might just give out. Any of you guys can suggest natural remedies?

TYA

I have heard about this and looking to where I can buy for my friend, she's consuming a lot of medicines and I'm afraid one day her liver might just give out. Any of you guys can suggest natural remedies?

TYA

I wouldn't steer her in that direction. There are a lot of things you can do that are not drugs. Exercise, diet, massage, supplements, medical marijuana, Epsom salt baths, meditation and yoga, to name a few. There are no magic cures, but every little bit can help.

Thank you Loftpat, I am just really concern, she is getting depressed the past few weeks, and I really want to be able to do something for her. I feel so helpless.

Thank you Loftpat, I am just really concern, she is getting depressed the past few weeks, and I really want to be able to do something for her. I feel so helpless.

You're doing so much by just supporting your friend and listening. A good friend is great tonic. Thanks for caring.

Thanks for the heads up Loftpat. ☺

Thanks for sharing... I'd definitely wouldn't like to end up using the natural version of morphine, that is for sure! I had issues with pain meds in the past, not again! I don't trust anything coming from abroad, specially when it comes to natural supplements or herbal remedies. I mean come on, in many countries they still use dangerous herbs like kava kava.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back