Not open for further replies.

dorann

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Kentucky
My husband has recently decided that he is done with the narcotic pain medications that he has been on for years now.

This prompted us to start a search for something that will help him deal with the pain but that is a more herbal remedy, we found Kratom. This is from a tree that is related to the coffee tree and comes from southeast Asia. We got some from the store here in town on Saturday and though it isn't really helping with the pain right now, it is helping him a lot with his withdrawal symptoms.

From the reading that I've done, it will help with those when you are detoxing from narcotics and then after the narcotics are out of your system, it will help with pain.

Really? I need to do the same thing, but withdrawals are so painful! That is awesome! I am going to try to find some of this. I really want to taper off of the narcotics. They are terrible!

Not only was I lucky enough to find some local at the store up the street, I also placed an order through Amazon for an ounce of it as well. I'm still waiting on that to get here, but that price was a little bit cheaper than local (even including the shipping). However, there wasn't the convenience of getting it immediately.

Hello. I have used Kratom a few times. Its good stuff you can get it in powdered form or as a extract oil. Just shop around a lot so you don't get ripped off.

You are right links56, the prices really do vary just as much as the quality of it does. So far it has been great for my husband and he is doing better than he has been in quite a long time.

cpefley, It can when you are taking it for recreational purposes. However, as we've found with Tom, when you are going through the withdrawal period, it doesn't have that effect at all, it just takes away a lot of the symptoms of withdrawal.

Kratom can be a damn good analgesic. I'm on methadone and I've still benefited from kratom for breakthrough pain. The only down side is it taste god awful and you have to get a lot of it down your throat.

My husband has likened the taste of it to the taste of hay when you are working in a field bailing it. We've gotten some empty capsules and have been filling those up for him to take it because that way he doesn't have to taste it as much.

Have you ever tried biofeed back? I had it a longtime ago when I had severe back pain and it worked. This is where they hook you up with a bunch of wires to a machine. It is combined with meditation to retrain the brain to not feel the pain.

I've never thought about the fact that biofeedback might be beneficial to him. He goes to the doctor next week and he wants to discuss options of other treatments for his pain. He is sick of narcotics he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back