Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/1994
Country
US
State
AL
I have been ill with Fibromyalgia for over twenty-seven years. One would think that patience would become easier, but I am beginning to think that I am losing all the patience I have. It feels as though the 'hold' button on my life will never be released, and then it will be too late because I will be dead. Lately, my short term memory is the pits, but it was even worse my first year ill. Does anyone else here find that you lose your patience so much faster than you used to? It feels so unvirtuous, yukky. Is this typical?

Often if I am feeling that way it means, believe it or not, that I have not been drinking enough water. How those two things are connected I don't know but it might be your body's way of trying to tell you it needs something. Figure out what it is, and you may be able to avoid feeling that way.

Also, if you are not already doing so, there are a great number of things you can do for yourself that will quite possibly help with the frequency, duration, and depth of the pain you feel. I find that focusing my energy on doing the things I can do for myself takes my mind off the things I find frustrating. Feeling this way is not uncommon among those of us who deal with this. But since those feelings only do harm to ourselves, it's a good idea to find other things that are healthy to focus on. Helps me a lot, anyway.

Often if I am feeling that way it means, believe it or not, that I have not been drinking enough water. How those two things are connected I don't know but might be your body's way of trying to tell you it needs something. Figure out what it is, and you may be able to avoid feeling that way.

Also, if you are not already doing so, there are a great number of things you can do for yourself that will quite possibly help with the frequency, duration, and depth of the pain you feel. I find that focusing my energy on doing the things I can do for myself takes my mind off the things I find frustrating. Feeling this way is not uncommon among those of us who deal with this. But since those feelings only do harm to ourselves, it's a good idea to find other things that are healthy to focus on. Helps me a lot, anyway.

Thank you very much Sunkacola. I do tend to drink water often throughout the day because I seem to dehydrate easily. Mask wearing only aggravates this problem. I get a little emotionally drained sometimes coping with my 'disabled' brother, and my octogenarian Mom who is such a blessing, but so used to having me right near. I depend on her and she often wants my full undivided attention, which for me is difficult but a good thing too. We need each other, but sometimes we just need to be left alone. The problem is that we are not always in sync. The pain and fatigue used to make me weepy when I was younger, but nowadays it makes me ornery. Maybe this is what heading toward my senior years is like. There is a lot of work needing done around our place and with the intensive anti-inflammatory diet regimen, time consuming prep, and no dishwasher, plus all the MD appointments, well there's hardly a chance for me to sit down by myself and type this. Thank you again for being here.

I think it's only natural for our patience to become short with the constant stress of Fibro. My heart goes out to you caring for your mum, I cared for mine for ten years as she suffered with Parkinson's and dementia. With all the things you have to do it can leave you feeling like you just want to drop and be left alone. It's really important to look after yourself, life may still be difficult but it's can soon become overwhelming of you don't do the little things to look after yourself. Otherwise we'll soon become irritable, there's already so much rage tired up with Fibro. I've learnt the hard way to take a breath rather than punch a wall

Thank it was supposed to say Thank you!

Yeah, I used to tamp out when I used to lose things before. so much so I ended up throwing things + then I’d get more annoyed cos then I’d have to find the stuff I’d thrown and lost from the original search I’ve calmed down a bit now but yeah I know what you mean 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back