Ladies! Anyone get monthly flair ups with TOTM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PennyBlacksmith

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Do any of you get monthly flair ups that coincide with the TOTM? I still haven't been diagnosed as doc wants to rule loads of other stuff out. But I've been getting pains all over for the last few months when I'm on and it takes days to get over it. On the bad/heaviest days it's unbearable in my lower back and goes down into my legs and can't be relieved. The rest of the time it's in my legs and arms, even fingers. Then I'll have a couple of ok weeks, then starts up again. Just curious if this is something FM sufferers have experienced?

It's been years since I've dealt with periods, but in the years I had them, from 11 to 50, I had debilitating dysmennorhea most months. One of the issues was unbearable lower back pain that went down into my legs. It was just a part of my period experience. Could that be what's going on with you, too? Perhaps those of us with FM are also prone to that kind of monthly pain. I never associated it with having FM, but I don't believe I had FM all the way back to when I was 11, either.

I had really bad periods I use to describe it like someone was using a ice cream scoop on my stomach the back pain was so bad sometimes I couldn’t stand up straight it would travel down my legs was missing time off work and school. I have been wondering lately if the pain is connected to fibromyalgia. At the moment I’m taking the mini pill progestin only as I have migraines which seems to be helping a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back