Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/1995
Country
US
State
IL
Last few months experiencing severe neck shoulder arm and back pain down both sides and also in the hips. When the pain starts all along the back and top of the shoulders it feels like someone is beating me there. Only thing that helps is constant motion. This is my latest flare up. Also experience nerve pain along the ribs on left side mostly with sharp pain under shoulder blade. Anyone else experience similar symptoms?

littlee68

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2019
Country
US
State
WI
Hi, So sorry for your pain. Yes, you've described my symptoms almost exactly. Only difference is my nerve pain is on my right side...It is so irritating when it first began I thought it was from an internal organ. I've just recently been diagnosed with FM and am taking Tramadol and Lyrica for now. Have tried celebrex and prednisone but they didnt agree with me. What do you use for relief?

Jellybean

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2019
Country
US
State
Ca
Last few months experiencing severe neck shoulder arm and back pain down both sides and also in the hips. When the pain starts all along the back and top of the shoulders it feels like someone is beating me there. Only thing that helps is constant motion. This is my latest flare up. Also experience nerve pain along the ribs on left side mostly with sharp pain under shoulder blade. Anyone else experience similar symptoms?

Jellybean

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2019
Country
US
State
Ca
Hello all, I just found this site. After I read the post about trying to move as much as possible, I immediately began moving my left arm at the elbow. Thank you for the idea.
My Fibromyalgia is In both arms from shoulders to fingers. I have tried norco and Percocet but became immune to them (not addicted!). I also have neck issues due to arthritis, disks rubbing against each other and of having falling backwards and hitting my head on the side of the refrigerator a couple of years ago. I take Tylenol and put a cold bag from the fridge on the back of my neck. I have accepted that I’m in chronic pain, and trusting the Lord will get me through it.

Doctrinaut

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/1995
Country
US
State
IL
A
Hi, So sorry for your pain. Yes, you've described my symptoms almost exactly. Only difference is my nerve pain is on my right side...It is so irritating when it first began I thought it was from an internal organ. I've just recently been diagnosed with FM and am taking Tramadol and Lyrica for now. Have tried celebrex and prednisone but they didnt agree with me. What do you use for relief?
Actually, when it's at its worst I try to push myself to keep moving or exercise. I will take an Advil one in a while but mostly it just sometimes takes the edge off if that, Constant motion or laying down is the only thing that helps. A couple years ago I changed jobs and went from a very active job to a desk job. That's when the real flare-ups started. I have to get up constantly so I'm not hurting. I intermittently will go to the Chiropractor also. It did help with the shoulder blade pain but sometimes I think it does nothing or exacerbates the pain. Weather is a big factor also. But constant motion is the best for me.