Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/1995
Country
US
State
IL
Last few months experiencing severe neck shoulder arm and back pain down both sides and also in the hips. When the pain starts all along the back and top of the shoulders it feels like someone is beating me there. Only thing that helps is constant motion. This is my latest flare up. Also experience nerve pain along the ribs on left side mostly with sharp pain under shoulder blade. Anyone else experience similar symptoms?

Hi, So sorry for your pain. Yes, you've described my symptoms almost exactly. Only difference is my nerve pain is on my right side...It is so irritating when it first began I thought it was from an internal organ. I've just recently been diagnosed with FM and am taking Tramadol and Lyrica for now. Have tried celebrex and prednisone but they didnt agree with me. What do you use for relief?

Last few months experiencing severe neck shoulder arm and back pain down both sides and also in the hips. When the pain starts all along the back and top of the shoulders it feels like someone is beating me there. Only thing that helps is constant motion. This is my latest flare up. Also experience nerve pain along the ribs on left side mostly with sharp pain under shoulder blade. Anyone else experience similar symptoms?

Hello all, I just found this site. After I read the post about trying to move as much as possible, I immediately began moving my left arm at the elbow. Thank you for the idea.
My Fibromyalgia is In both arms from shoulders to fingers. I have tried norco and Percocet but became immune to them (not addicted!). I also have neck issues due to arthritis, disks rubbing against each other and of having falling backwards and hitting my head on the side of the refrigerator a couple of years ago. I take Tylenol and put a cold bag from the fridge on the back of my neck. I have accepted that I’m in chronic pain, and trusting the Lord will get me through it.

A
Hi, So sorry for your pain. Yes, you've described my symptoms almost exactly. Only difference is my nerve pain is on my right side...It is so irritating when it first began I thought it was from an internal organ. I've just recently been diagnosed with FM and am taking Tramadol and Lyrica for now. Have tried celebrex and prednisone but they didnt agree with me. What do you use for relief?
Actually, when it's at its worst I try to push myself to keep moving or exercise. I will take an Advil one in a while but mostly it just sometimes takes the edge off if that, Constant motion or laying down is the only thing that helps. A couple years ago I changed jobs and went from a very active job to a desk job. That's when the real flare-ups started. I have to get up constantly so I'm not hurting. I intermittently will go to the Chiropractor also. It did help with the shoulder blade pain but sometimes I think it does nothing or exacerbates the pain. Weather is a big factor also. But constant motion is the best for me.

A

Actually, when it's at its worst I try to push myself to keep moving or exercise. I will take an Advil one in a while but mostly it just sometimes takes the edge off if that, Constant motion or laying down is the only thing that helps. A couple years ago I changed jobs and went from a very active job to a desk job. That's when the real flare-ups started. I have to get up constantly so I'm not hurting. I intermittently will go to the Chiropractor also. It did help with the shoulder blade pain but sometimes I think it does nothing or exacerbates the pain. Weather is a big factor also. But constant motion is the best for me.
Constant motion for me too. It’s exhausting

It really can be exhausting! But if I lay down for any period of time, it's worse when I get up. A few years ago I went from an active job to a desk job and that's when all the flare-ups started again I think. There's also a fine line between activity and too much exercise, if I push too hard I make it worse. Where is your pain mostly?
Constant motion for me too. It’s exhausting

It really can be exhausting! But if I lay down for any period of time, it's worse when I get up. A few years ago I went from an active job to a desk job and that's when all the flare-ups started again I think. There's also a fine line between activity and too much exercise, if I push too hard I make it worse. Where is your pain mostly?

Hi;
My pain is in both arms from my shoulders to my fingertips.

Hi;
My pain is in both arms from my shoulders to my fingertips.
Does it seem to start at the base of your neck and go down your arms and elbows and sometimes fingers go numb depending on your position? Feels like muscle and bone pain.

Does it seem to start at the base of your neck and go down your arms and elbows and sometimes fingers go numb depending on your position? Feels like muscle and bone pain.
YES. Yes and yes. Pain in spine, base of neck, both shoulders, elbows and arms. Muscle, Joints, Nerves. 🤯

YES. Yes and yes. Pain in spine, base of neck, both shoulders, elbows and arms. Muscle, Joints, Nerves. 🤯
Wow thought it was something else this time because it's been like 3 months with that pain. Only not horrible when i'm up and walking. Sometimes goes around the front on my left side....do you take anything?

These specific ailments (on top of everything else) have lasted the last 2.5 years. They came on gradually and has never gone away. It just changes in severity depending on the day, weather, stressors.. (one morning I woke in so much pain I couldn't lift my head from my pillow, that was freaky)
May I ask if yours feels more like musculoskeletal or nerve pains? Or both? Mine is both. I alternate between tylenol and ibuprofen (only when needed) for the musculoskeletal pains and I use cannabis. I've tried gabapentin (along side many other meds) for the nerve pain, NO success there. After years of agonizing and no relief, I recently tried an alternative approach to deal with my nerve pain and have had a very positive outcome. Unfortunately, it's illegal, as is cannabis in some states. That being said, I'm not sure how freely I can speak here. What, if anything, have you tried?

Actually, I'm one of those annoying people that hates to take anything more than Advil, and it takes me a while to decide to take those. That being said, I don't think I could do my payroll job taking anything that would actually work anyway. Twenty some years ago when I was diagnosed and my kids where younger a doctor had me try the smallest dose of a relaxer and I couldn't remember what I did for 3 hours...since then, I don't take anything but Advil. Scared the crap out of me. A huge part of my pain is musculoskeletal but I'll get like nerve pain in the ribs that will just come and go with no reason. I always get a muscle spasm under my left side shoulder blade that will wrap around the front or feel like it's stabbing right through to my chest....crazy...I've had that for years. I can tell you what the barometer is doing by the pain I have, I don't know if it's the same with you but it never seems to come on gradually. The pain will just come all of a sudden and go just as fast. To me that's one of the weirdest symptoms. Luckily for the most part, I've rarely if ever taken off work because of it but this sit down job I've had the past few years just seems to exacerbate it. Hope you get some respite soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back