Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
IL
Has anyone ever tried LDN ? Low dose Naltrexone is what it stands for. It's supposed to be very effective for fibromyalgia. I tried to post about this and had a link to the recent study but it never posted. Check it out.

I have not tried this but have been reading a lot about it lately. I am curious too if anyone on this forum has tried it. The best part I like about what I have read is that it is reported to have no side affects!

Exactly, it seems too good to be true. The few studys they have done show great results.

How old is that study? And how long they have been testing this drug in order to claim it doesn't cause any side effects? If this is true... then it would be wonderful news! I'd consider asking my doctor about it! I truly hope those studies are conclusive and they have been testing this for a while... Hopefully this is as good as they claim!

Well its an old drug used for alcoholics at a much higher dose. The low dose treatment form is relatively new but shows promising results. Non addicting too. Problem is that it's an old drug that is cheap and no one wants to fund studies because there's no money to be made. The few studys I've read were funded by fibromyalgia groups. I'm going to talk to the doctors at mayo about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back