Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
My legs hurt when I walk alot. The worst part for me is how my ankles swell up, and then my leg pain feels even worse. How many Fibromyalgia suffers also have trouble with leg pains that also leave their ankles swollen? I have trouble sleeping when my ankles are swollen, and when this happens I move my legs around during the night.
Leg pains along with swollen ankles need to be understood more by doctors.

I hear ya, but instead of swollen ankles I get swollen knees! I've been suffering from that since I was a teen, same happens with my wrists from time to time. I know how awful it is :( My legs, specially the soles hurt really bad even if I just walked very little. Most doctors I have seen don't even address this kind of pain :( So I understand what you mean... I often feel doctors minimize our pain...

Jenny,
Please go and talk to your doctor about your having swollen ankles. Sometimes this happens as we grow older and our heart does not push the extra fluids through our veins as easily as it used too. I take a low dose of a water pill to get rid of the extra fluid. Sometimes if you have high blood pressure your ankles will swell or other times it can be another type of heart condition. Sometimes it can be caused by blockages in your veins in the lower legs.

Don't always think every symptom you have is caused by fibro, see your doctor too be sure and gets his opinion. Okay? :)

I have the same thing with leg pain and ankles/feet swelling. I'm trying to find answers, but so far, nothing!

I think this is among the worst kind of pain. You can't walk and it's always difficult. It's making you paranoid, isn't it?

Could it possibly be gout? My brother and dad suffer from it. I don't claim to be an expert, but my understanding is that it affects joints, is extremely painful and causes inflammation. It's like toxins in the area it attacks. My brother gets it in his knees and toes and ankles. My dad gets it in his toes and ankles. Some say dried cherries help, or anti-oxidants, but others say it doesn't. There are also medications. I don't think it causes just leg pain. The other thought was check for diabetes and proper circulation.

I get most of my pain in my legs and arms. I also get muscle twitchng. Its been less latley but still not great. I find that I have good days and then horrible days. I never know but if I push myself hard Im done for a while..

It's awful to have pain cramps or acute pains. When you wake up and feel the overwhelming, burning pain in your leg, you entire day is ruined :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back