Not open for further replies.

Trfielder

Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
CA
State
ON
Just wondering if anyone else has problems with their legs? Mine are killing me 24/7 I use a cane a lot for balance. But this pain never stops.. My neck and back hurt off and on along with everything else but I can never get relief from my legs...any suggestions?

Hey, sorry to hear you're in so much pain :( I have a lot issues with my knees, and sometimes over sensitivity on the calves area (skin), but the pain in general is less now that I managed to lose weight. Heat usually helps me with both leg, neck and back pain, sadly the relief doesn't last for too long! What pain meds are you currently using?

I suffer with left leg pain on a daily bases. I've yet to find a remedy that works. I've resorted to using a cane for added support due to loosing my balance. I take my pain pills when I can't bare it anymore. When you find out something that works please do share.

All my dr has me on is cymbalta. I have tried Lyrica , Gabapentin and a few other antidepressants nothing seems to work... The hot bath works only when I'm in it but when I get out just the cooler temp of the air is awful..sorry to hear others are dealing with this as well
I live in either yoga pants or flannel Jammies ...love my Jammies
I wish there was a way to predict what is going to happen today..the legs are everyday but then all the other symptoms are so random... Mind you I wish I never got this to begin with....I'm sure I'm not alone
I'm doing a lot of Internet searching to see what I can find

After a very busy day I often have trouble with my feet. The best way I can describe it would be as if lightening bolts shoot through them at times when I try to sleep. It will be a flash of intense pain. Another thing that at times is that my toes seem to want to do the Vulcan Live Long and Prosper greeting. I'm not joking my toes will do that at times and if I'm standing I'm not standing for very long when it happens. That hurts like the dickens. Thankfully it only lasts about 30 or so seconds when it happens but it feels like so much longer.

Sorry had to giggle with the picture of your toes.....I'm sorry it is like that ..what do you take for pain ? I just want to be able to walk like a normal person....

I also have leg pain. It is usually around my knee and shin areas. Even after I lost weight I still had leg pains in those two spots. I don't know what gives as none of the medications help. I know I'm in for trouble with the winter approaching. I'll have to try my heating pad down there. I guess I could use some more exercise to stimulate the blood flow. Perhaps you are sitting still too often and not getting the blood pumping throughout the body?

My legs used to be my worst places, then it moved more into my feet. I find that using a heated throw either on my legs and/or feet really is soothing. I take lortab for pain.

I'm thinking of buying an electric blanket for the winter and placing it over my legs while I sit in my recliner and while sleeping. I get these weird tight spots in the lower part of my legs, below the knee right around the calf. I wonder if I have blood clots forming or something:(. Not good.

Usually these leg pains are from tight muscles that can not relax. I have trouble with pain and weakness in my legs. My balance is not great on somedays and walking down the street can be a weave and wobble event some times. Back to the legs and toes. Try wearing socks all the time. Wear warm ones in the winter months like knee socks as they help with leg support. In the summer wear cotton socks. When in bed or sitting down lay a warm blanket over your feet and lower legs, helps keep them warm, plus stop cramps.

What IsisRose, has is cramps in her feet and toes. I get them and they are really painful. Try pushing your foot with toes pointed inward and up, to help stop the cramps. Sometimes it is related to plantar facitis, which is when the muscle and tendon inthe bottom of your foot tightens up.
There are special foot braces that you can wear at night while sleeping to prevent this condition, as well as, the other foot cramps.

Leg cramps and pain can be helped by massage. When I had rehab for a knee cap injury the muscles in my leg tightened up and the cramping was horrible. They taught me a method to remove these muscle knots. Have a friend or hubby, help with this treatment.

Lay down on your bed or the floor so your legs are straight out and flat. Using the palm of the hand (friend or hubby), massage the leg by pushing the palm of the hand upward along the inside and then outside of your leg. Move the palm pressing firmly up the lower leg and to the thigh area. This will be painful. But what it does is push the tightness and knots out of the muscles. And it works. Stop if the pain is too much and then try doing it with lighter pressure.

It is important to move the hand or hands upward only. Massage oils or heat, can be applied also. After I had this done my legs felt so good for quite a long time. I need it done again now. Massage the feet as well, by gentling rubbing them and applying foot cream to help keep your skin soft and healthy with added moisture. :)

Thanks for all the advice. It's appreciated. To rollinloud I hope I'm not sitting to much... I have 4 dogs a 10 yr chihuahua, 6 yr beagle 1.5 yr German shepherd and a 4 month german shepherd. I also have 3 horses and a cow..I am the one who does all the house work and cooking for my husband and 20 yr old son. My hubby does work away most weeks but is home sometimes my son has a full time job so it's just me here to look after the animals..I also have an 18 yr old in university( away) but she brings laundry home every 2 weeks. Yes she helps. My oldest lives with her boyfriend she is a fill in mom for 13 yr old twins and helps run a dairy farm...my oldest is my driver I don't drive anywhere anymore. I find I'm to spacey meds? Or fibro fog?.. So I spend most days at home which is where I prefer to be..I hate trying to explain to people what is wrong with me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back