Not open for further replies.

bboebel1555

Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
IA
I have possibly had fibro for a couple of years now. It started as a pain in my side that was misdiagnosed as shingles, when I got tired of narcotics my dr put me on Lyrica. It has been working great until a few months ago. My friend and I started walking this summer after work. There is a park near my house with a walking trail. At first I was able to walk to the park and once around the trail and home. On the walk home I would start to have pain in my low back and hips. Some days it would feel like my hips just locked up and it was like I was walking through sand. Then it got worse, I could only make it part way around the trail before my hips "locked up", and then only to the trail and back, etc. Some days were good, I could make it to the trail, and some days were bad, I couldn't even make it down the block. Recently, I can't stand for more that 15-20 minutes before I get severe pain and sometimes my hips "lock up" just walking from the kitchen to the living room. I am also having pain in my hips when I sit too long in my office chair, but I seem to be able to sit just fine on the couch. (?). This is so confusing! Last night I was cooking dinner and I just had terrible severe pain. I made hamburger helper so there was no huge amount of cooking. I was crying from the pain. After sitting on the couch for a few hours, the pain was much better. Is this normal for fibro? I can't understand how I can have such debilitating pain while standing or walking but not sitting and why my office chair is different than my couch. And I know that if I'm befuddled by it, what must my husband think? One minute I am crying in pain and the next I am laughing at Big Bang Theory. GAAAHHHH!

Try getting lambs wool for your chair at work or even some kind of cushion I would say it is just to hard for you..I get like that walking or even sitting still..it doesn't make sense...I feel like I need my lower back to crack or my hips..I have found a couple of different yoga stretches that help. It doesn't take all the pain away .. I have a hard time sitting on my couch. I have 90 yr old wooden rocking chair..don't ask it doesn't make sense just go with what works...but yoga does help

Thanks! I have been meaning to try yoga, but you know, exhausted. I just got a cushion for my chair at work and it helps a lot. I just wish I could move without the low back and hip pain. A bunch of my family is taking a bus trip to the Mall of America in a few weeks and asked if I wanted to sign up, but I know there is no way I can walk that mall. NO WAY. It makes me sad because a year ago I would have gone in a heartbeat. :(

Don't they have scooters? Use one. Why not...if you can handle the bus... Go and enjoy

IT sounds like the shoes you wore while walking might have been inadequate. I've noticed that I got the same types of pain if I wear shoes that do not cushion my feet against hard surfaces. The pain lodges in my hips and lower back, at first, then starts creating other problems along the pain's path.

A lamb's wool cushion might work, but a cushion with a cut out for your tailbone might be better. The lam's wool will still allow pressure to build up on your tailbone, then travel up the spine and across the hips. A cushion with a cut out allows the tailbone to drop down, free of pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back