Reason
Practioner
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
Hello there everyone. I am a Licensed Massage Therapist working in Flemington and thought I could gain some perspective and maybe give some in this group. I have a core group of clients who have been diagnosed or are yet to be diagnosed but exhibiting signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia. I have seen the number of people affected significantly increase in recent years and find there are multiple symptoms that they come to me to alleviate. Each day and session is different for each person based upon what they are dealing with - increased stress, the weather, physical activity or exertion (whether too much or too little). I am constantly looking for ways to assist my clients in their health and wellness journey. Thanks for allowing me to join you. Wishing you all a "good" day.

bleitnerlmt;

What would you like to know? If you check out this site you sure can gather what is going on with people here.
My MT told me I most likely had fibro for 3 years before I was diagnosed! She has a few clients with it, in varying difficulties. I know at times I have nearly needed to get up and leave as I could not take the touch of her hands. She told me she has had that happen to her before--just a bad fibro day. She also uses hot cupping that works real well with me as it does the myofacial release with much less pressure. It's likes getting an extra 30 min.!
One of the most important things I've noticed is how I relax mentally as well. As if something has been building and she releases the pressure. I'm sure this is nothing new to you, but has become something I really look forward to.
Hope you are helped through this site.

bleitnerlmt. Fibro affects us all differently each day. as i have lupus in my skin i just cant use that service. i wish i could.
most of us are in pain all day and night. that keeps us from getting exercise and going outside. we get fatigued due to either to much sleep or not enough.
our muscles are weak due to not using them as much. muscles spasms start and mine never seam to stop. they really just want some relief it sounds like to me. thinking you can give it to them. thank you for believing and trying to learn to help. wish there were more like you.

maybe you can help us? you know how the muscles work, what they do and how they are related to our pain/symptoms. maybe you can start a new thread explaining that. it will help others. please read some of the posts and learn.

you can click on quick links at the top, then click whos online. if there are 130 folks online you can see many titles at one time. or you can use the search to find words like Massage Therapist. if you have question please post them all. we can help your clients.

Thanks for you reply - I have spent some time looking through some of the threads and comments. I appreciate the feedback and suggestion to begin a new thread regarding muscle function and relation to pain/symptoms. I will certainly address that and the benefit of massage and the different forms of massage that may be recommended and beneficial to people with fibromyalgia or CFS symptoms or diagnoses. Wishing you a good day.

it's nice to see someone who cares...

I would not be able to have a massage, I don't know about others but, my skin and muscles are so painful, I can hardly bare them being touched, I feel like I have been beaten, and have deep bruses in my spine, shoulders and neck, as well as having a high degree of numbness and desensitisation that makes my skin crawl with deep pins and needles and is to painful to touch... I have tried tens machines, they burn! Massage is to painfull, the only thing I can bare is, pain gel gently rubbed into the painful areas... One thing that dose help, is very general exsercise with them rubber bungees..? Gental stretching can help release tight muscles, but it exhausting ! Don't really know what the answer is, so for me massage is a no go...
But I praise what your doing as others may find this works for them :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back