Light sensitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
- just close eyes for a longer time.

I quickly cleared my vision just by switching my focus from screen to points 2, 3, 5 metres away.
Just told my boss that instead of the smoke breaks everyone takes hourly( I don't smoke so I don't take a break for that) that I was going to take a "close my eyes for 5 minute" breaks LOL
I have found that switching focus points help a lot as well.

These eye exercises may be perfect for you/us, quite like all other fibro exercises. A video on the "Be Inspired" channel by the neurologist Andrew (D.) Huberman from Stanford Uni struck me, interesting reliable information put in a clear way.
Main suggestion is the same as I do it, but ideally opening a window or going outside for the relaxing the eye muscles by looking in the distance and also by the panorama vision. Interesting aside that windows take upt to 50% of the blue light out of the sunlight, which we need in the daytime. Another reason.
I will check out the Be Inspired channel, it sounds interesting.
If it weren't so hot I'd now quickly run outside... 😝
This made me giggle because it is sooo hot out right now LOL...I don't even want to go from my house to my car!

Thanks for everyone's input.
Its not a huge prescription but enough to cause my eyes to be strained. Is sudden eyesight change a Fibro thing? I still have so much to learn.
Wow, this could resolve things for you ❤️ Don't be surprised if, like Jay described, your vision needs fluctuate. Mine do.

@SH3 Taking breaks to rest your eyes is a great idea, frustratingly their muscles are also affected by FM. Mine have been sore since an old neck injury which is worse for the right eye. Vision is a bit worse for the left eye. According to the optician I'm a left hander brought up right handed? Took me by surprise when he used examples to point it out. Might explain headaches after writing. Wearing glasses everyday and resting my eyes helps. Hopefully you will feel benefit too.

want to talk about strange vision fluctuations?
I have worn glasses since i was in the 2nd grade for nearsightedness (could only see clearly up close)... over the last 5-6 years i have found that my vision has slowly changed over to be more farsighted... reading a book or such has now become difficult but driving the car, etc, is easier without the glasses (less strain on the eyes) and i can see clearly much further down the road.
Will this last? who knows... only time will tell, i guess.

some days there is some fluctuation in how far i can see clearly, and a little on the up close stuff, but overall, to do a complete flip-flop i find fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back