Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2012
Country
UK
State
Northumberland
Sorry to be such a pain in the ass, but I recently tried to upload two new posts with links in them that were unapproved by moderators. I read the PM and know it is because of the links, but unfortunately, I cannot seem to PM back, so I will have to put it here instead. :|

I read the forum rules before joining, but I can't seem to find a page to refresh myself with them. I do remember reading that the rules were pretty basic and self-explanatory, but did not mention that external links could not be used at all, rather just saying that advertising and links to other sites for advertising or promotion could not be used.

The links in my posts were just for helpful purposes, and as far as I'm aware, did not contain anything that could be considered promotion or advertising.

When I saw that it the posts were up for approval by mods, I figured "Hey, sweet! They actually filter out which links are spam, advertising and promotional and would let through the ones that just had advice and usefulness in them." Sadly, it would seem this is not the case, rather, every post with an external link is refused.

I also recall reading that copy/paste is not allowed on this forum either. Does the same go for writing out 'the Spoon Theory' for example, in my own words? Since it is material available on another site?

Sorry to be a pain, and sounding so dissapointed, but you are not a business, or even a charity. You do not need to be fearing competitive sites or information. This is supposed to be a helpful, friendly place where people can discuss and help each other with their chronic pain/fatigue and if people cannot share the things they have found elsewhere that have really helped them, then does it not seem counter-productive?

Also, the fact that I cannot find anything to suggest that all external website links are banned on this forum has left me a little... deflated. And also that I cannot even find the rule page now that I have signed up. Every other forum I have been on, the forum rules have been easily available for the members, not just the mods, at all times. They should be quotable, clear and specific. (Trust me, after being a mod myself in the past, it takes a lot of the strain off you!)

I hope that you can read this as being constructive, rather than destructive - as is my intention.

Thanks.

Oops. My apologies. I must have been thinking of another forum I just joined recently. Your rules do not even state such things...

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Fibromyalgia Forum and Support Group will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and not the owners of Fibromyalgia Forum and Support Group. We (Fibromyalgia Forum and Support Group) will not be held responsible for the content of any message posted by a visitor or member to our site.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate any laws.

The owners of Fibromyalgia Forum and Support Group reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Hmmm....

Warrior of Light, I tried to personal message you but your not set up to allow that option, but you can fix that by clicking on your User CP, top left hand corner of forum page and editing your options & info.

As for the links we allow GOV (government) and EDU (educational) websites if they do not have any outside advertisements on their pages. I am only following the rules provided to me by the site owners. While many links provide information, we are protecting this forum and its members from outside advertisements and spam. You may mention a website, without making it a link and suggest members do a web search to find it.

As for copy and paste, you can write something in your own words and copy and paste it to the forum. But we don't encourage the use of these tools to copy pages of other peoples work, unless that printed material is listed as public domain or free usage.

I hope this answers your questions. :)

1sweed, thankyou very much for your reply. I didn't mean it to sound like I was being nasty about it. Words on paper (or screen) and irritability with pain and other things don't combine well though, unfortunately.

I shall keep all you have said in mind and thank you again. x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back