Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/1994
Country
US
State
Minnesot
Hello everyone I am new to this forum. The reason I joined this forum after living with fibro for 20 years is that I have become tired of the daily pain. I want to know what others do to cope with pain. I feel the medical community has failed me so instead of getting depressed I chose to explore and find friends who have found things to help :)

Roxy, Welcome to the forum. You will find many posts dealing with how to manage pain and the stress and worry, that comes with it. Also posts on pain and alternative treatments, as well as, fatigue and ways to sleep better and relax. Read old and new posts. Ask questions and offer helpful advice. Vent when you need to and also join us in the off-topic section.

I look forward to reading your posts and seeing your name around the forum. :)

Hi Roxy, I'm so with you on the pain issue. I also have complained out loud that I'm weary - just tired of dealing with the pain.I'm on Cymbalta 60mg which was helpful at the very beginning. Not so much now, but indispensable for managing the depression. An occasional tramadol (occasional because I keep checking to see if it works & I don't think it does) Tylenol & advil is all I take. Nothing really relieves the pain.I know I'm supposed to exercise but I can expect to pay for it the next day even with the slightest exertion. Yep, I know what you mean. Maybe we can support one another on this journey. Take care.

Thanks for replying to me Joonie. It is so different dealing with people who understand. It would be nice to keep in touch. I had to go on disability and virtually have no friends. I have noticed Advil being my best friend too. I cannot exercise much either without exasperating pain but I still try sometimes. Thanks again for your support and hope we can support each other on this journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back