Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
anywhere
Am feeling so lonely. I keep trying to do things and my body fails me every time with minor tasks.

Today I managed to just walk outside and snip a few tiny dead stems off a plant. Yesterday all i did was change my bed sheets and duvet cover. The day before all i did was clean the hob and oven door.

Massive effort for each.

When i have finished each tiny chore my arms feel like they have been ripped out of their sockets my shoulders kill my shoulder blades and back kills even under my arms, wrists hands kill.

That's with out the rest of me struggling to walk about bend etc.

I know you are all suffering with all your own trials with this illness. I just cant understand why mine has got so much worse all day every day.

I cant bear this unproductive life. The man up stairs (god if anyone still believes in him) has even locked my jaw up and made my facial muscles weak and hurt so much to talk.

I had a chat with my best friend last night. I don't complain or no one will want to talk to me. By the time we had finished speaking the pain was intolerable and i went straight to bed with ice for my face and 3 hot water bottles for my body.

I am no use to anyone and cant find any pleasure day to day!!!

Is it too much to ask to be able to talk because i have been like this for 2 months solid and lots of last year too

This site is very quiet too.....

Last edited:
Hi willow. I understand how you feel. I actually made dinner for my husband and I. I was using an electric skillet, so I thought I would ok. That was two weeks ago and I'm still paying for it. I sometimes think that everything is good so I help a little around the house. Let me tell you that I am learning how to listen to my body.
I love to talk to my sister on the phone but I don't do it very often anymore. What's really bothersome for me is that my sister is in her 60's and I in my 50's. She can still run rings around me on any given day.
Know this, that you are not alone.
Usually, when I get on here I don't see to many people on either.
Sending you gentle hugs.

Thanks PattiD...whats so frustrating is i have had fibro since 2007/2008 and it was pretty bad but i had lots of good hours and still managed all the housework bit at a time...some light gardening and to go out a few times a month for an hour or two....sometimes longer if it was car drive mixed with a gentle walk. I ended up aching but i could do it...even if days in between were resting i could put my feet up knowing better hours would come.

But now they never do...just deep burning knawing crippling pain all day and night.

Anyone that says fibro is not progressive for some people is telling porky pies as over the years more and more symptoms have arrived suddenly and then stick around.

I am in my 50's too and my best friend is 75 and she runs rings around me and fortunately is very fit and healthy....never gets tired and rarely has a twinge.

Ah the stuff of pipe dreams for all of us. Sorry to whinge!

That's what this forum is for, right? I know I've not been on lately (since last year) but when I came back on it felt like I never left. Besides where else can we whine, moan, and groan. :)

Morning all, sorry I've not been on as much as I used to. I felt I needed a rest from saying the same old thing .
I have an idea why we hurt more after doing a few things.
Ok so we can't move very well can we ,we can exercise very well. So our muscles don't get the workout they need to keep us fit.
So little jobs put Hugh stress on our out of shape muscles .
I no one day I might end up as bad as you guys ,so I make myself walk.in fact I try not to sit still much. Don't get me wrong I'm not flying around .i shuffle about most of the time.
So the sad fact is the minute u stop moving because your in so much pain ,you have had it.
There don't u feel cheerful now lol.xxxxx

You are doing the right thing keep moving. I think you are probably right about the muscles getting weaker.

Last edited:
Right now I have the complication of waiting for a total knee replacement and the knee is very painful Surgery not for another 2 months! I can feel the weakening of muscles as I have to mostly sit here. Sit, sit, sit!! I'm going crazy, although I read a lot and crochet. I have no friends in this. Hubby tries to help but he has projects that must be done on the property.

Forgetmenot, I have heard many people get worse as time passes. (Are we having fun yet?)

Hi Ruralchick....i know what you mean sit sit sit.

I didn't get here by choice either a whole host of new problems like long bouts of pelvic pain and interstitial cystitis like i been kicked by a horse and IBS with stomach pain and diarreah for weeks/months on end mixed with migraines 24/7 are just some of the reasons i ended up keep having to crawl into bed with hot water bottles or ice packs.

Like you that's on top of fibro everywhere else.

Its not like i just thought oh i think i will give up pacing and pottering and walking cleaning cooking gardening....i just was either ...couldn't lift my head off the pillow or curled up in bed doubled up or sat on the loo letting out groans 20 times a day and night and dragging myself back to bed praying for the pain to stop.

Add in nausea, sickness and weakness where you can barely get to the bathroom or stand long enough to brush your teeth.

I wish you well with your knee op and hope that with time you get your mobility back....because we all need hope.

Hi willow sorry to you are feeling so low, I agree that fibro is progressive, I'm in my 50s at first in the early years it was only the odd thing then it seemed it was something every few months then over time I would add another problem monthly then weekly then daily, this all becomes very soul destroying and we get very overwhelmed having to ajust to these changes , loosing our independence slowly, sometimes we can do all the pacing take all the meds but feel we are getting nowhere, I have been were you are and even lower over the years , to the point I'd had enough, fibro is physical and mentally Changing, so it's not all about the pain and what we cannot do, I took some phsycotherapy this helped as I began to focus on what I could do , what me happy, I learned to be me again not physically but a new me , do things for me not was expected of me as a wife mother housewife, if I could not wash Hoover that day I didn't and I did not feel guilty! I knew I was not lazy it was my fibro making these choices! Now if I can I do, and if I cannot will not and I am not bothered who says anything, because it's me in pain not them, just do what you can get some support from a therapist, your gp will refer you , I am sure this will help even if it's just someone to talk to. Use your pain clinic nurses as well don't do this alone because you cannot , you need help to manage fibro , that's why we are given these different pain management programmes , you cannot do fibro alone, give it a try, take care willow , hugs

You are sweet Misschloe so nice when people are so understanding. Makes me feel less useless less alone and less like i have decided to give in when i know i haven't.

Wow! it's crazy to read all of these and be able to relate to everything! Sorry for all your pain and frustrations willow!
I started to make goals for myself. I work through the week so my goals are set for the weekend. I tell myself this weekend my goal is to clean out my car or clean bathroom or vacuum. And I say to myself ok if I get my goal done then it has been a good weekend, and if not it's ok I can set it for the following weekend. I try not to think of all the things I didn't do or couldn't do. The other problem I have and I am trying to work on this. Once I start one of my goals I just go crazy and work to long and then of course, and you all know what happens then. I pay for it for weeks after! So get a timer and set if for 20 or 30 minutes however long you think your body has done enough and when that timer goes off your are done rather you finished the goal or not. Or you can stop and take a rest and go back to it or finish the next day. I know it is not an answer to your pain, I just know it has helped me some and I thought I would share with hoping maybe it might help you!

Nice to hear from you scren as i haven't seen a post from you for a while. I totally get what you are saying and despite the pain i am getting things done even if it's only ten minutes twice or three times a day. It's how to fill the other 23 hours that's so boring..ha ha.

bless all of you for these post, I needed to read each one of them.

Wow ladies,
It is nice to get all this said without boring someone. Don't you feel sometimes that you desperately want the person you are speaking with to REALLY UNDERSTAND? Why is this? None of us could come close to understanding until we are now living it. Perhaps to not feel so alone?

My knee surgery was moved up to March 1. I'm so glad as the pain is worse all the time and I fear I may be damaging it even more. But things must get done to prepare for it. This week was busy, I had to drive so many miles,(my poor knee!) and had a BUNCH of appointments. At least I'll get to rest after the surgery! I'm exhausted and in so much pain--hoping for a restful weekend.

Are you doing better willow? You know I don't necessarily mean physically, lol. Who knew this battle is so much mental and spiritual? Who knew that accomplishing a 10 minute chore was a major victory? I sure hope AND pray that you are in a better place today.

Thanks Ruralchick...so glad your op is sooner. I hope that means with a recovery period things will get better for you this Summer.

I am struggling as i have had a few blows emotionally i cant go into on here. I know i am letting people down because i am unwell and they are letting me know with digs that hurt so much!

You are kind to ask take care x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back