Long term back issues and Fibromyalgia

Jrardon

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2020
Country
US
Hello, I am and early 30s female. I have had back issues since I was in high school. Early MRI and X-ray showed beginning of disc degeneration at age 17. Now at 33 I have “advanced degenerative disc” in lower back. Since August 2019 I now have a ton of other issues including pain in all joints- back, Knees, shoulders, elbows, heels, neck and especially hips. I also have muscle twitches, Extreme muscle stiffness in the morning and at night. Just a normal day of work at my desk job is too much, by the time I get home I am miserable. I have a small house and by the time I am done cleaning it I can hardly move. GP thought Lupus. Went to Rheumatologist and they said it is isn’t Lupus- most likely Fibromyalgia. I am awaiting the final blood work results for final diagnosis but I am worried. If it is fibromyalgia... what medications work for pain?? I have fatigue too but honestly I can deal with that at my age, it is the pain that is truly horrible. I am curious if anyone else started this journey with back problems that turned into fibromyalgia?

sunkacola

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
Hi there,........as far as medications go, you just have to experiment and find what is best for you. Sorry, but there is no one or even four medications that work for everyone. One thing really helps one person, but does nothing for another. The best is to get a good sympathetic doctor who will prescribe something different for you if what you are taking doesn't work, and definitely stay away from any medication that contains opiate ingredients. For your second question - many people had back issues before developing fibro, but certainly not all.