Jjaannyy78

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hey guys hope everyone has had a good as possible Christmas,
Hoping next year is better for everyone.

I hope I haven't mentioned this before but does anybody else have loss of appetite?I have always had a massive appetite for real food growing up in Ireland meat and veg everyday lol,nice broad shoulders now😊. Anyway I have lost all appetite if I didn't have children I don't think I would eat at all I'm just never hungry surely that's not normal.also I just want to see if anybody else just gets pain mainly down right side and the bone in the heel of my foot has been hurting for what seems like forever,and well memory loss is getting worse but think that is normal.
Got to go for yet more blood tests prob be normal might get some where this yr

Hi Jany - as far as I've heard a lot of fibromites have less or changing appetite. Since gaining +6kg thru Amitriptyline I'm keen on getting that down again, and having tried several different diets doesn't help either. But I do enjoy eating quite a bit, even tho it *has to be mainly healthy. Having got some of my blood fats down, I've been allowing myself a 10-30g of sugar (e.g. choc) and cheese a day over Christmas.
Fairly constant pain on only one side would seem to be to be untypical for fibro itself, so I'd use docs - and even more so: physios - and my pain diary to look for reasons and try various exercises, if it's not orthopedic or neurological (enough).
Increasing memory loss would call for installing techniques like post-its and alarms, before you regret something really important.

Hi Jany - as far as I've heard a lot of fibromites have less or changing appetite. Since gaining +6kg thru Amitriptyline I'm keen on getting that down again, and having tried several different diets doesn't help either. But I do enjoy eating quite a bit, even tho it *has to be mainly healthy. Having got some of my blood fats down, I've been allowing myself a 10-30g of sugar (e.g. choc) and cheese a day over Christmas.
Fairly constant pain on only one side would seem to be to be untypical for fibro itself, so I'd use docs - and even more so: physios - and my pain diary to look for reasons and try various exercises, if it's not orthopedic or neurological (enough).
Increasing memory loss would call for installing techniques like post-its and alarms, before you regret something really important.
Ya my weight has gone up even tho I don't eat,sorry the pain is on both sides but a lot worse on the right,ya I do keep meaning to do postings but I forget but then I can remember something from yrs ago like a random Irish saying which my friend finds hilarious,
Got more bloods on 4th and rheumatologist in March bloods will prob come back clear as normal anyway thanks for replying and enough moaning from me for one day

I do keep meaning to do postings but I forget but then I can remember something from yrs ago like a random Irish saying which my friend finds hilarious,
LOL, sounds fun at least, whether it's the saying or the forgetting that's laughed about. / And I spose I meant "before you forget and regret...".

I am always in a lot of pain, joint and muscle. It is a very common symptom of fibromyalgia. Stay away from night shades and sugar. Are you less active? I eat less when not exercising and gain weight. Start reading up on supplements you can take. Fibro does best with natural things. Have you tried taking rhodiola in the morning? Gives me some energy and helps with the brain fog.

Hi charz thanks for the reply sorry but I don't know what night shades 're I was under the impression that it was a plant,also not sure what rhodiola is.?I have started taking cod liver oil,magnesium multi vitamins.tumeric which my friend recommended she says it's fab been taking now for a few weeks don't seem to help.brain fog is definitely getting worse my poor kid's have a giggle after ther confusion after I ask the things like can you turn the door off instead of the light lol,think it is definitely time for post it notes xx

like can you turn the door off instead of the light lol,think it is definitely time for post it notes xx
Oh yep, my wife's learnt to be tolerant. 🙃 And maybe that's part of social stress, when I don't feel I'm allowed to be.

Oh yep, my wife's learnt to be tolerant. 🙃 And maybe that's part of social stress, when I don't feel I'm allowed to be.
Being tolerant is a really good thing that is born in our hearts.

Hi Janny,

I an newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia (March 2021). I too have had a significant loss of appetite, and like you if I didn't have my daughter I probably would not eat at all. I also have insomnia and on average get about 3 hours of sleep a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back