Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2005
Country
US
State
Maine
Hi folks, I've had fibro since 2005. Been through so many drugs it's not possible to list them all. Currently not taking any for Fibro. The last one was Gabapentin but it squeezed my brain on the dose that helped provide relief so a catch 22. I am not on any pain meds (doctors here refuse to even offer them) so I am wondering if they help and maybe I should change physicians. I'm not familiar with a pain clinic....any ideas? Even thought about paying 200 plus for a "medical marijuana card"....though I can't smoke it due to COPD if that would help....any thing anyone can offer would be appreciated. If I am posting this in the wrong place, I apologize. I'm not computer literate and suffer from extreme Fibro Fog. :)

Jerzey Girl,
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to be late in answering you but I recently had eye surgery and my vision is not the best. Anyways I hope you are still coming here to read the posts and take notes. I would suggest you read the alternative methods section and also the section on chronic pain, in hopes that you might find something that would help you. I take Gabapentin, which is often used for seizure disorders too as it dulls the firing recepters in the brain and thus helps with pain, but also dulls down the other activities that help keep us going. when I was taking higher doses I was always tired and too weak to do much of anything. But I am on a much lower dose now and often take Excederin Migraine for pain every morning.

Anyways please come back and join in on the forum and we all will try and make you feel welcome and offer support and encouragement to help keep you going. Glad you found us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back