Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Nv
Had an extremely bad week. We had 4 little dogs, Moon the pug was very old but not in pain so hoped she would pass at home, Chloe (chihuahua/dachshund had heart murmur and we had just had her in for a checkup, her sister Sadie never separated from each other. And last there's Chewy, chihuahua/pom.
Sadie, healthy, came to me and was breathing funny, picked her up and she died of heart attack in my arms. 5 hours later Chloe did the same. Day after Moon seemed uncomfortable so we got in the car to go to the vet but she died in my arms. I can't stop crying. I had a crazy serge of energy and washed everything in the house. I was like a maniac. Anyway once the adrenaline wore off I was hurting everywhere. Not sure why I'm sharing all this. Sorry

I'm sorry for your loss @Creola17. Losing a pet brings up all the same pain and loss of losing anyone you loved with so much of your heart. When I lost my loved one, a beautiful yellow Lab, I found comfort in someone close to me sharing the story of the Rainbow Bridge.

I hope you can find some solace in this short story which I've pasted below:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Hi @Creola17, so sorry for your loss. I know how difficult losing a pet can be, I have lost pets in the past and the pain I felt was overwhelming. I can see why you had the mad serge of energy - no doubt all the anger and frustration from your loss needing to burst out. I would take solace in the beautiful story from @Dooi, and remember how much love you give to your little dogs, and how wonderful you made their lives.

So confounding & perplexing when you lose several in a row. We'd just nursed one guinea pig for 2-3 months day and night (good that I wasn't able to sleep much anyway...), then when she left us all the same we got 2 new ones to keep the other company, which she seemed to enjoy, but then went exactly the same way, again 2 or 3 months, without us having an explanation for either, except praps the usual psychological one. But directly, one after the other...? - Poor you! We at least had time to mourn each. 👐

My heart goes out to you, it's quite a jarring trauma after a good life together. Forgive me for saying but when a pet dies in your arms, although painful, it's a beautiful end to a life as it's in your arms were they found comfort and protection. I remember the last moments with my dog Tess, our best Friend.

Last edited:
My sympathies. It's very hard loosing one pet, let alone a few so close together. I do believe I will see my pets again one day. They are family as well.

Thank you all very much. We rescued a little girl from the pound. Her dad had to go to a home. She is so tiny and sweet. My little Chewy is happy to have a sister again. Her name is Peanut, 6yrs. 7lbs.

I like to think that too 🌈 🐶 💗

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back