Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2019
Country
CA
State
ON
Has anyone tried Low Dose Naltrexone for Fibro pain? If you have, can you please tell me about your experience with this drug? Did it work for you? I am reading some small studies that suggest it works but I am hesitant to take drugs. Your input would be appreciated.

Yes, I have been taking LDN for about 6 months and it has been great! My pharmacist compounded .5mg capsules at the beginning and I ramped up to 5mg/day over about 2 weeks. My doctors had never heard of it, but my pharmacist said he fills these prescriptions all the time so he emailed me the correct way to write the prescription to give to my doctors. It has really helped with my body aches. I'd say it brought my baseline daily pain from 4 to 2 where it's pretty easy to ignore. I've had no side effects from it whereas I had many many side effects from Cymbalta and Lyrica. I *hate* those two drugs. I highly recommend Low Dose Naltrexone.

Thank you for the info, much appreciated.

My understanding is that it Takes a long time to work. You must have at lest 8 hours between the Naltrexone and any opiates. I haven’t had it help me very much.

Sorry to hear that it has not helped you. I was hopeful that this drug would help☹

I have been taking Cymbalta for years now and I don't think I can go without it. What are the effects that you don't like? I take low dose CBD oil once a day . I have never heard of Naltrexone but I will ask about it. Thank you for mentioning this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back