DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2012
Country
US
State
NY
Hi-
I am a new member to this forum support group.
I have been taking Low Dose Naltrexone for my FMS pain for almost 2 years.
LDN is a trace amount (4.5 mg. or less) of Naltrexone. It's an old drug and therefore no drug companies are pushing doctors to prescribe it.
I had found out about it from a study that I researched from Stamford University.
I have no side affects from it and I was only able to find one Dr. in NYC who would prescribe it to me. No one else was familiar with it. A trace amount of this drug increases the brains ability to combat pain.
It really took the edge of of my severe pain of my FMS for a long while. I was finally able to live a somewhat normal life. Until just recently.... feeling more pain than usual. Has anyone else had experience with Low Dose Naltrexone?

cmetryme

Extremely helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
TX
Welcome, im sorry i have never heard of that drug.

Kreol

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2014
Country
AU
State
Victoria
Hi Indigo Blu, how r u? I was on low dose of Naltrexone for approximately 9 months, but found it didn't assist with my pain. I'm glad that it found you some relief but it's a shame that recently it hasn't provided you any relief. I am on a variety of supplements, vitamins, antidepressants, acupuncture, cupping and seeing a chiropractor, unfortunately it's only providing a weeks relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.