Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
This may sound silly, but since I got my disability ,I feel lost.its like well that's it your done.
I almost feel like Ive been thrown on the rubbish tip.
The only thing I have left to fight for is my body.
So now what,I really have no idea.

You must keep fighting for yourself, you work for the You that you wanna be not the you that fibromyalgia turns you in too. I know it's hard to fight with this disease but you must for you and for your family as well as this support group. No one wants to see you give up and we are all here to help you fight and give you support.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

At least you got your disability. I have been fighting for almost two years and there is no end in sight. I may have months to wait before I hear anything. Some people have waited as long as 7 years to get theirs. If I don't get it at this next level I am going to give up. I am tired of fighting and I will be eligible for regular social security in April of 2017. It won't be as much but at least I won't have to fight for it. It's mine, I worked for it and they have to give it to me. I see and know several people who are not disabled and yet somehow they got the disability. So it's basically just the luck of the draw.

I think it's natural to have an adjustment period. I've talked to people who feel at a loss after they retire; I imagine disability feels even more that way.

Just remember that you are a remarkably kind, talented person. You would only be in rubbish bin if you were trying to help someone who accidentally fell in :)

Ty DK ,your so sweet .
Krista I no I sound ungreetful to u. Beilive me I'm not.and I no your fed up of all your waiting and praying for the help u need.
Life's unfair and I'm sure u have had a good moan about me ,and I don't blame u.id do the same the other way round.
But we are all of us full to bursting with feeling and sadness. And sometimes it gets me.
I'm not trying to rub salt in the wound.but here at lest I hope we can all be friends.

Forgetmenot, I hold nothing against you. I am glad that you got your disability. And we can be friends for sure. I was just venting my frustration at how hard it is to get disability in the states and how lucky you are that you got yours so soon. Maybe everybody in the UK doesn't get theirs that fast, you just got lucky. Anyway no worries and I will keep you posted if and when I ever get mine. My lawyer seems to think I have a 90% chance of getting it so that is what I have to look forward to. Hopefully I will get it but have decided that if I don't get it this time I am giving up. I will be eligible for regular social security in 2017 and that is something they have to give me. It won't be as much and it won't take away the pain and depression and all my other ailments but at least it will help out financially.

Krista, I guess a lot of the times when we fight to have disability we really don't plan on what we will do if we are successful if we attain it. You have really raised a valid point for me since I am at the point with my employment that my doctor is looking at putting me on disability.

What about a hobby? Are you able to counsel anyone in your community that is struggling with Fibromyalgia or other diseases that you have? I live in a very small community so that may be a good option for me...but who knows until you check it out.

It will probably take time to adjust, when I became a stay at home mom I started out feeling good about our decision, the guilt was lifted!!! Then I started regretting the commitment, secretly crying when no one was around and feeling guilty for wanting back into the "real" world! The trick is creating a new "real" world. With deabilitating fibro its going to be hard, Ill just say I get it and not go into my details. It will take time. If you can find something you like to do and even if you can only do it for a short time a day, perhaps you can sell or donate your skills/hobby/crafts and find a way to connect to what makes you feel good. I'm happy to just chat if you need an ear to help you through. I promise that adjustment just takes time.

Forgetmenot, I used the word world, I guess really its about your identity. Work was a big part of your identity, without it you feel like you've lost a big part of your identity. Dream up a new identity and move towards it. It's all going to be good, just keep looking towards the good.

Sorry Forgetmenot, my post was directed to you. I do this often when I increase my pain medication. I was going to avoid coming on the forum and chatting and perhaps I should have especially if I hurt you. My sincere apologies...my thoughts and words were directed towards you. Please forgive me.

Nexi lol u didn't say anything wrong xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back