Tazza5523

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
10/2020
Country
UK
Hi everyone!
I am very new to the group and still awaiting on a confirm diagnose. For the last three months I have been suffering with aches and pains in my muscles, my muscles hurt to touch as if I have been doing a work out.. this is in my wrists, hands, arms and legs, ankles etc. My bloods have came back normal and I am waiting for an appointment with a neurologist.

I have had a bit of a flu since but my back pain is getting worse and I have found myself getting headaches. My ear is also blocked which I’m guessing may be from the flu I had. Has anyone experienced any of the above? I am a little concerned as I feel the doctors aren’t taking my seriously when I don’t feel happy waiting for answers.

Hi Tazza, I fully understand your impatience in waiting for answers. Many of us waited for years before being correctly diagnosed. I think things are better now, because more doctors are taking syndromes like FM seriously.

But remember that the last thing you want is to rush into a diagnosis that might not be accurate. Unfortunately, the testing takes time, and since FM is mainly a diagnosis arrived at by eliminating everything else it could be, it takes longer than a lot of other things.

What you have may or may not be FM, but try to be patient and not to spend your time and energy worrying about it until you know. Focus on doing what you need to do to take care of yourself in the meantime. Don't make assumptions ahead of time about what is going on for you, that's just borrowing trouble you don't need.

Wait and see. It might be a passing thing; it has not gone on long enough yet for you to assume it is FM, or any other things in particular. If you don't think your doctor is listening to you, though, do your best to find one who does, because that is important. And know that most of us here can fully relate to what you are going through, and are here to support and help you if we can.

Hi, just wanted to say I've just posted with a very similar question! I was diagnosed 17 years ago, and only had mild flare ups, but very recently very similar to you. Terrible headache and bizarre very painful muscle pains dotting around all over the place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back