Not open for further replies.

Staciee

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1997
Country
UK
I’m not sure posting in right thread but does anyone get lumps on knuckles (middle knuckle) and lumps side of same knuckle? Not sure if fibromyalgia or start of something else.

does not sound like fibromyalgia

Hmmm its Spreading too suppose time will tell thanks for replying 😀

as with any new symptom, it is recommended to have it checked out by your doctor...

I have lumpy knuckles from arthritis changes, but you could also have something else going on - best to have them looked at.

I did see dr and had scan for Osteoarthritis came back ok, dr isn’t sure what it is mentioned rhemotoid arthriti, I have lumps and bands all over body so wasn’t sure if hands were also because of fibromyalgia

I did see dr and had scan for Osteoarthritis came back ok, dr isn’t sure what it is mentioned rhemotoid arthriti, I have lumps and bands all over body so wasn’t sure if hands were also because of fibromyalgia
lumps and bumps are not a typical symptom of fibro.

there are tests that can be run for rheumatoid arthritis to either confirm or rule out. They can also test for a wide variety of other things, and i would suggest looking into that testing to make sure you dont have something else going on - Especially if your primary doc is not sure of what is going on. One should never assume fibro - test to make sure there is nothing else that could potentially be more serious.

simple blood test for rheumatoid arthritis sounds like you had a bone scan - these look at the density of the bone for a different reason (Osteoporosis). might suggest to your doctor that you have a xray of the affected areas this may show arthritis and associated cysts

Yes I will speak dr again now have lump on top of foot too it never ends!

Yes I will speak dr again now have lump on top of foot too it never ends!
these lumps are appearing "suddenly"? as in overnight, or something?

I would be not waiting around to get these things checked. It is possible they are nothing to be concerned about, but they could also be something very concerning, and definitely warrant being checked as soon as you possibly can.

Yeah I just noticed one on foot I will get the checked out thanks Cookiebaker

I have such lumps on my finger/thumb joints & one on side of wrist but I'm not overly about it concerned it as they're not painful & friends of my age group all have them & they say it's an ageing/arthritis thing.

Am told there's nothing much doctors can do about it but no change there
& accessing a doctor here is a challenge in itself.

One never knows what will pop up next when you reach a certain age.

My latest is how heavy super-light things have become, even my pillow feels heavy to me
& opening any kind of packet is now impossible without the involvement of scissors.
I wonder if this is muscle weakness or a brain thing, or both.

Oh & am so clumsy I leave a trial of debris behind me, especially if I'm out, so I can be followed by my dropped gloves, my brolly,
my shopping etc.

Interesting times.

Hi, I also have lumps on my knuckles sides, and tops. I see a rheumatologist every 3 months, I also have autoimmune diseases. Anyway, she says the lumps are osteoarthritus. They hurt more before a storm, as do all my joints. Keep a stress ball, and excersize your fingers, or they will get very stiff, and swollen. It will be hard to do anything. My husband's are really bad, look like fat little sausages. Hope that helps :)

Thanks Charlieann my mum had oestro so I wasn’t sure if mine was just Fibro, I also have lump on wrists etc but I have bands and lump that roll all over body especially ribs that I think is myofacial so hard too know what is fibromyalgia or ME or something else. Some symptoms are scary like when body shuts down and can’t move of course also you expect more symptoms when your getting older even tho ive been unwell since 1997. Sorry you have autoimmune diseases also must be hard x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back