Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2021
Country
US
State
WA
I am new here, and I am really thankful to have found this forum! I am 67 and have been dealing with pain in my feet, shoulders, neck, mostly left arm, and sometimes in my knees, for about 15 years. The doctors I have seen never addressed fibromyalgia, but ordered every test under the sun to find out that I am very healthy, YAY! Although about a year ago blood tests showed that I have “Monoclonal B Cell Lymphocytosis”, which means high lymphocyte numbers - mine are up to about 7 now. This just means that “something” could be going on, but we have to wait until the numbers get up to 10 and above before anybody worries about it. I have also gone to the emergency room about 6 times over the years because my left arm was really painful and I had an unexplained pain in my chest (breastbone). Again, everything was fine and I was perfectly healthy (Yay! again, but what about the pain?). I finally found a primary care doctor that, in the first 15 minutes of the appointment, asked if I knew about fibromyalgia. I said yes, I have read about it. She gave me the test and I squealed in pain at most of the points. I had been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy and already was taking Cymbalta (60 mg/day) and this new doctor prescribed Lyrica also (I’m up to 150mg twice a day). That was about two weeks ago. I’m sure most people here understand how great it can be to just get a diagnosis after searching for years to find out why you are in pain all the time! So of course now it’s time to deal with the diagnosis. I had Covid in August and I believe that caused a flare up of fibromyalgia that has caused me so much pain and fatigue since then. I force myself to get on my exercise bike once a day now, just for ten minutes, until I feel stronger to go more. I’m hoping that will help with the fatigue, too. My feet still hurt and my left arm has been screaming at me for a month now, but I’m determined to stay the course. I ordered CBD oil from Sunsoil and am anxious to get started on that. Has anyone else experienced changes in their lymphocytes in blood tests? That part is a mystery and kind of hard to accept that “something” might be brewing but I have to wait to find out what it is. I wonder if it can be related to fibromyalgia?

Thank you for being here! I’ve already learned so much just be reading posts.

sunkacola

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
Hi LolaMerle, and welcome to the forum. I can't answer your specific questions about lymphocytes, but I want to recommend that you read my post on managing FM just in case there might be something in there that would help you.

CBD may work for you, it does seem to help some people, and I hope that you will let us know how it goes for you. I have found, as have many others, that it doesn't do much without being combined with THC. Usually a 1:1 ratio is best. That is what I use, and find it pretty effective for some kinds of pain. I can regulate how much I take so as to get a pain reducing effect without getting high at all if I use Tinctures. The ones I use come from Tru Infusions, a brand I have used for years and trust. You have to be very careful where you get CBD online because many sites are scams. Usually going directly to a dispensary is safer. Tinctures are much easier to regulate in terms of exactly how much you are taking, not to mention of course being healthier than smoking or vaping anything. If the CBD alone doesn't work, I recommend you try combining it with a THC tincture, adding in only a tiny bit of the THC at first and building up.

LolaMerle

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2021
Country
US
State
WA
Thank you. I read your advice post and it is very helpful. As far as the CBD oil, I will add the THC as you suggested if needed. I do have to be careful because even a small amount of THC makes me squirrelly!

sunkacola

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
Thank you. I read your advice post and it is very helpful. As far as the CBD oil, I will add the THC as you suggested if needed. I do have to be careful because even a small amount of THC makes me squirrelly!
That is the beauty of using the tinctures for the added THC. Or, you could use gummies. With either one, you can take just the tiniest amount and then take it from there. You don't want to take more than you really need if you don't want to get high. I have no objection to people getting high, but most of the time I don't want to. It took some work for me to get accustomed to how much to take and when but it has made a huge difference for me.

LolaMerle

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2021
Country
US
State
WA
I've been trying just CBD oil and CBD/THC that is 1:1 ratio, for about a week now. I do find that the CBD oil alone doesn't do much but if I am careful to take only .25ml of the CBD/THC, it "seems" to help pain. Still not sure. I am going to get THC to add to the larger bottle of CBD oil I got and see if just tinier amounts help.