Lyrica has made everything worse, advice would be appreciated.

oliveritas

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2020
Country
US
State
FL
I have had back and leg pain for many months now and after imaging, physical therapy, chiropractors, etc the doctor considered the idea that I may have Fibromyalgia. It kind of made ssense since I had no injuries. I have back and thigh pain with some numbness in the glutes. I took Lyrica for 2 days, JUST 2 days. I called my doctor and she told me to stop taking it because it CAUSED neuropathic pain all over my body. Almost hot pins and needles randomly striking all over my body. It has been miserable. It has been almost 6 days of nonstop random pain points. Has this happened to anyone else? Did it go away after awhile? Im afraid, probably irrationally, that this will not go away. I dont know how a medication that supposed to calm peripheral neuropathy could cause this much nerve pain!!!!

I have not had that kind of reaction, but if it's caused by the drug it will most likely go away in time.

i was thinking that too but its already been a weeek and i only took it 2 days, im starting to get worried. With the pain increasing at night I am barely sleeping

Lyrica has a lot of recorded side effects (and is addictive). I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, but I am anti medication in general.

Are you on any other meds that it might have interacted with?

Maybe your pain was not neuropathic to begin with. Your doctor should really be helping you, considering it was their prescription that caused this.

Hope it calms soon.

i was thinking that too but its already been a weeek and i only took it 2 days, im starting to get worried. With the pain increasing at night I am barely sleeping
You might want to look into other things that may have changed recently. How is your diet? Do you have more stress than usual in some form? What have you been thinking about? And so on. It ay be something else causing the extra problems. Examine your life before the problems started, going back maybe a month, and see what you might find. Also, do anything you can to keep yourself from worrying. Worrying causes stress on the body which in turn is guaranteed to make your problems worse.

To:
oliveritas
Hi. I have had taken Lyrica also. My wife and i were on a trip to Colorado City. I have noted my left leg started to swell.
I had the idea to cut the dose in half. The swelling started to go away but slowly. Then my next thought was to quit
completely. The swelling went away. I was back to normal as i can be. It is very strange on how medication really works.
Let us know how everything works out for you.

Sorry to hear about your pain I’m in a lot pain myself. I take pregablin which helps and also on short tech ( OxyContin) stronger than morphine. It a real dibilitating disease, I can’t work anymore just trying to get on disability. Take care of yourself
John

Try pregablin it helps

Back