Lyrica tolerance or getting worse?

vagdam

Hello all !I hope you all doing great..
Im 34 y.o male with chronic undiagnosed nerve,muscle and sometimes joint paint.My pain started 8 years ago and got bad really fast in about 2 months after.After several neurologists tons of tests and clean mris i gave up hope.3 years after i developed something like trigeminal neuralgia,back to neurologist again who prescribed me lyrica and amitriptilyne.Godsend for me after 1 week on them i felt like 70% better,i couldnt believe it..got my life back,traveled,and did all the things i couldnt do.After 5 years of using 300mg per day without any problems i woke up one morning with all the pain again like 5 years before.Been 2 mothns since and im even worse..Did i built up tolerance?Can i make lyrica work again?Im trying neurontin now without any success so far.Did lyrica stopped working for u guys like me ?

Hi vagdam, and welcome to the forum.

Sometimes medications stop working as well as they have been, and that seems to have happened to you. My sympathies; many of us have experienced similar things. I don't know how old you are, but if you are not young the fact of aging another 5 years can also be a factor in how medications work for you, and in the severity of symptoms. Not because fibromyalgia is progressive, but because an aging body is just more prone to pain with or without a chronic pain condition. Of course, this may not apply to you.
Since you have a new medication, I assume you talked to your doctor about it. What did they have to say about that?

In case you don't know, there are many other things you can do to help yourself that are apart from medications, and I suggest that you start experimenting with those at this point, because it's possible that you can feel better from some combination of those things with or without the addition of medication. Here is a post I wrote about that. Other forum members will no doubt have things to offer you as well, and I hope you find this place a source of information and support.

Lyrica stopped working for me after a year or so, at least in a reasonable dose. I was taking 300mg daily, and that started causing multiple side-effects, so I'm looking for an alternative, rather than increasing dose.

HI VAGDAM, I TOOK LYRICA FOR A MONTH IT WORKED GREAT, NO PAIN! HAD TO STOP BECAUSE MY HANDS AND FEET SWELLED UP.

lyrica stopped the extreme pains but not the small flare ups which was ok for me but the flare ups are getting worse so maybe I need to review my dosage however Lyrica and Pindone that I take for essential tremor does give me fluid build up but at the moment fluid buildup is much better then extreme pain.

Back