Terri

Diagnosis
8/2013
Country
US
State
TX
Hello All,

I am still trying to figure out how to manage all of this. It's all so new. Last week I had a great week (great meaning I could walk and stay up all day - not great as in back to normal) and then we had some rain come through and I have had horrid pain again. Has anyone found that the weather seems to play a big role in how the pain is triggered or if there is a better climate for them? I have found that summer heat has a horrible affect on me personally. Thanks in advance.

Yes. It seems to me that both very hot and very cold weather seem to effect me poorly. I actually swell when it's very hot, and I ache even more with cold and wet weather. I've notice temperate weather helps. I've found that a controlled environment works best.

I seem to be more affected by cold weather, specially during the rainy season. Sometimes it seems weather plays a big role, in the sense I seem to experience more pain in my wrists, knees and back. Sometimes I get the pain no matter how nice the weather is :(

Hello All,

I am still trying to figure out how to manage all of this. It's all so new. Last week I had a great week (great meaning I could walk and stay up all day - not great as in back to normal) and then we had some rain come through and I have had horrid pain again. Has anyone found that the weather seems to play a big role in how the pain is triggered or if there is a better climate for them? I have found that summer heat has a horrible affect on me personally. Thanks in advance.

I always have strong pains when the seasons change. The change in temperature makes me sick. I usually end up with either allergies or a cold in addition to the aches and pains that come with shifts in temperature. I'd prefer to live in an area that has the same temperature all the time. I've heard that Hawaii is like that.

I am also very affected by weather. Any change, clear to rain, rain to clearing, hot to cold, season to season, seems to increase my pain level. Sometimes it seems as though just the sun going down brings on more pain. I dress in layers so I can adjust accordingly at any given time. Hawaii sounds awesome by the way :). Let's go!

We had a big thunder storm the other night (12 inches of rain in 1 night) and I have been in pain for 2 days now. It's been raining off and on since the thunderstorms and will rain for another 4 days so I don't see if ending soon.

I agree with everyone. I personaly prefer warmer weather than cold. I would rather be sweaty than constantly shivering. Alot of people say they know when rain is comming because their joints hurt. I have also heard the barometric pressure plays a strong roll. The weather channel weather.com even has an aches and pains map. I'm sure there is some interesting reading on the topic. I googled: how does weather affect pain

Absolutely. I also notice such a difference with such an abrupt change. Last week, here in WI, we had 70's and sun. This week is 40/50's and cloudy. Nothing subtle in that change as it was literally overnight. The adjustment is difficult even though I do much prefer the current temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back