Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2001
Country
US
State
MS
I have been diagnosed with fibro since 2001. However, my rheumy left the area and I am now being treated by a general internist. My doctor never addresses my fibro. Never asks about my condition when I come for a scheduled visit. (If I don't forget about it)

Recently, my doctor seems to be impatient with me and I feel is aggravated because I refuse certain procedures that I simply do not want to do.

One of these procedures is mammography. Well, I felt generous the last visit and gave in to her insisting on mammography this time. Since the last one was 6 years ago, I gave in.

Now I wish I hadn't. I was literally sick and dizzy with pain today, one day after the mammography, which was very painful. My whole torso both front and back was wracked with pain. It even hurt to breathe.

Has any other lady out there have any problem like this? If so, what do you do to help alleviate the pain?

Hi! So sorry to hear about that, whenever I do something similar I feel pain the next day. I can't help to wonder why! The only thibg that helps is a strong numbing ointment I use on my sore muscles. It's a foreign ointment. Heat doesn't help much.

Yeah. I always feel muscle pain the next day. The pain is not like the soreness one has when they use a muscle that they haven't used in months. Those people, after the initial soreness, can continue to use that muscle after it heals without soreness.

People with fibro never out grow the soreness.

However, I was quite surprised at my body's reaction from the mammogram.

Oh I'm s sorry for you, I know you will really think it twice before going for a mammography again! My mom recovers after a few days, but I wonder how I'll fare when my turn comes? I hope I'll not do so bad, I'm still far from 40, but time goes by fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back