Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/1995
Country
US
State
NJ
Member for 5 minutes. I have had chronic pain from hip bursitis (both) for over 10 years. Injections do not help. The last orthopedic physician told me that there is nothing more he can do. I "will just have to live with it". The pain is so severe now that I can walk no more than a block without stopping. W/C needed in airports. I cannot go anywhere that requires any walking. Luckily, grocery stores have carts I can lean on. Pain from whichever hip I am sleeping on wakes me up at night. Anyone else have this? Waiting for help

Marylee,
Sorry i missed your post. Wanted to welcome you to the forum and hope that you come back often and join in by posting questions and also by answering other members posts. Is there any chance you could get a motored wheelchair or have a friend or neighbor do your shopping for you. You might try the office Human Services Area Agency on Aging who might have some programs you would qualify for, such as help paying for someone to come in and help with housework or taking you shopping, or to doctor appointments. If you call your local hospital they often know of people who are caregivers and would be willing to help you with transportation or other needs.

I am sorry you are suffering with so much pain, and I hope that some of the ideas and coping skills posted on this website might help you cope with your pain. Sometimes it is hard to ask for help, but believe me I have learned the hard way it it often better to allow yourself some extra paid help then trying to go it alone.

I am sure other members will post here and offer as much support and cyber hugs as possible. I am very happy you found this forum and hope to see your name soon and read lots of your new posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back