Relative
Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
MA
Hi everyone,
I hope you can help. My sister's doctor is retiring this month. I have watched her for the last two months try and find a doc who treats fibro. Every office is just sending her to another like a ping pong ball. I was reviewing the list on site but its hard to know who is good. Thought it best to reach out to the community and hope maybe someone knows of something. We live in Massachusetts but she will travel.
Thank you - Hope your feeling well today
Jackie

Hi Jackie, sorry no-ones answered yet, so I'll try more generally - hope you're still listening...
My experience is that there is no one doc that can treat the whole array of probably 50+ symptoms I have which may or may not be fibro, but can each be alleviated by pinpointing, differentiating, analyzing, asking 'everyone' and finding the invisibly moving sweet spots for everything we do. Every office I've been to has contributed there a little bit, so maybe it's a case of asking different questions and thinking about things differently, being persistent etc. A fairly new example was my jaw ache coming from tooth root inflammations. See my post last night for more examples: Doctors that treat fibromyalgia
It's also not really the docs who can do any treatment, it's finding the right PT, and for that it doesn't really matter who prescribes the various forms of PT. The docs can only do the med-part, and that's usually only finding a life-saver or two, if necessary, before finding the fitting behaviours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back