Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
US
State
CA
Story: So I ate vegan (no meat, no dairy) for 2 years, then, a month ago I stopped it all....Now, my pain is starting to get worse...Identified pain spots are getting more painful, new pain spots are showing up too.... Has anyone else had this experience? I guess I have to stop meat again.

sunkacola

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
Hi Indigobluejay. I would suggest that you might be making an assumption to connect your eating meat with the increased pain. It could be that eating meat is not what your body wants, but correlation is not the same as causation. You might want to think about what else may have changed.....weather, or stress level, etc. And take into account that with this disease, pain levels go up and down more or less arbitrarily.

Also, you may want to stop eating meat for a while, start again, stop...and so on. In other words, I think it is good to experiment and to keep an open mind about what is or is not causing things to happen when you have a chronic condition like what we have.

One time I was told that "X" would really, really make a difference to my pain level, and this person insisted in giving me "X" to take. Well, I took it for a day or 2 but decided I didn't want to take it after all, and stopped. A couple of weeks later, my pain level decreased significantly and stayed that way for over a month. Now, if I had been taking the "X" I would have wanted to think the decreased pain was due to that, but it would not have been.

Just sayin'.
It makes sense to be cautious and really do our own research on ourselves before we come to conclusions about what is good for us or not.

Indigobluejay

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
US
State
CA
So I stopped eating meat since this post and now my pain is a lot better, like it was back when I was eating Vegan. I'd recommend folks try a meatless diet to see if their pain reduces. It might just really help.