Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had the experience I've had with MMJ? I live in Colorado where it's legal and just got my MMJ card from the state. As soon as I had my paperwork in hand I went to a local dispensary and got two forms of edible MMJ since I have asthma and can't inhale cannabis. One type of chewy candy had more CBD in it than THC. The other type was a gumdrop form that has more THC than CBD. I decided to start with the CBD candy and cut the normal "dose" in half so all I got was about 8 mg of the CBD. Within an hour my headache was better and I thought this would be the beginning of a great relationship with CBD. Unfortunately, 4 hours into the dose I had a very undesirable experience happen to me. Out of nowhere I became disoriented, dizzy, and couldn't finish a sentence to save my life. It took approximately 5 more hours for it to wear off. Since this was my very first use of cannabis I figured I must've just had a "bad trip", so the next day I tried the gumdrop version of the type higher in THC. I cut that dose in half so all I got was 10 mg of the drug. My experience with that type of edible cannabis was only slightly better than the other type. While my pain was diminished to a more tolerable level, I was drowsy all day and just felt out of it. I tried it for a week and only gave up on it today. What am I doing wrong? Is it just more difficult to achieve a good result with medibles, the edible form of cannabis? Has anyone else had any success using medibles? I'd really appreciate if it if someone could help me. Thanks!

Hi Mamahawk!
I have done the Tramadol route to no avail. My doc sent me to the pain clinic and they had me do tons of differents meds. Gabapentin took a few weeks to work but it did. Unfortunately, I was allergic to it. I do take a tincture I put in tea from marijuana. My husband grew it so I know exactly what is in it and what type it is. It helps but I only take it about two hours before bed. I would never drive with it in my system etc. It helps the pain and it also helps me sleep straight through the night. I do not use it every night but just when I am having a flare and think I can't take the pain anymore. If you live in a state where it is legal, they might have suggestions as to how to take it and which brand will help. Most brands have different side effects. Some make you sleepy and some don't etc. Best wishes to you. I know how frustrating this can be. Hugs!

Txallycat, I would suggest trying a different dispensary. I find some are more knowledgeable and track levels more accurately than others. It sounds like there was something else in your edible. I have done edibles from known and trusted friends and they have helped me sleep. I'm nervous about getting them from a dispensary for some reason. I bought a vape and when I went to get the refills, I discovered they didn't have any information on THC or CBDs. Now I don't know what I'm getting. I can smell the marijuana, but I'm going to need to find a dispensary that uses the same oil concoction as my vape uses. (Another thing I'm learning)

Txallycat,
I think it (mmj edibles) do to you what they do to me...floor you. Lol, I think you just need to take half of a half! Or less! And yes, definitely only if you are staying in and don't plan to be too productive at anything. Take care!

Cmetryme, how do you find online CBD?

just put cbd in the search engine. I have my card and smoke plus use edibles when I have what I need to make butter. Helps tremendesly.

Has anyone had the experience I've had with MMJ? I live in Colorado where it's legal and just got my MMJ card from the state. As soon as I had my paperwork in hand I went to a local dispensary and got two forms of edible MMJ since I have asthma and can't inhale cannabis. One type of chewy candy had more CBD in it than THC. The other type was a gumdrop form that has more THC than CBD. I decided to start with the CBD candy and cut the normal "dose" in half so all I got was about 8 mg of the CBD. Within an hour my headache was better and I thought this would be the beginning of a great relationship with CBD. Unfortunately, 4 hours into the dose I had a very undesirable experience happen to me. Out of nowhere I became disoriented, dizzy, and couldn't finish a sentence to save my life. It took approximately 5 more hours for it to wear off. Since this was my very first use of cannabis I figured I must've just had a "bad trip", so the next day I tried the gumdrop version of the type higher in THC. I cut that dose in half so all I got was 10 mg of the drug. My experience with that type of edible cannabis was only slightly better than the other type. While my pain was diminished to a more tolerable level, I was drowsy all day and just felt out of it. I tried it for a week and only gave up on it today. What am I doing wrong? Is it just more difficult to achieve a good result with medibles, the edible form of cannabis? Has anyone else had any success using medibles? I'd really appreciate if it if someone could help me. Thanks!
it 's not for everyone. like any medication, give it about a month and see what happens. If it does not help move on to something else. Good luck...Mike

Thanks, everyone, for your input. I went back to my dispensary and the gal there told me to try the sativa mmj over the indica mmj since the former helps you stay awake and the latter helps you sleep. I bought a sativa gummy called Green Hornet and I'll be trying it tomorrow, so here goes!

Good luck TxAllycat! I'll be interested to know what how it goes. I want to learn to make butter or render it with coconut oil (preferrable). That's what I use on my pain areas. I find it helps topically. I figure if I can figure out how to make it, I can know what's in it whether it's the kind that keeps you awake or makes you sleepy.

Its good but Vaping can make your throat sore, edibles can be overkill and are best taken before bed, smoking can make you hack which isnt fun if your in pain......also it can get old being high a lot if your relying on it as your main pain drug and imo feels just as annoying after a time as fibro-fog can be. that being said sativas can often be far more uplifting and not so foggy high.

Isn't the sativa the same as CBD's? I still need to get that and try it.

Isn't the sativa the same as CBD's? I still need to get that and try it.

Na actually I've found indicas are higher in CBD, but CBD is what helps with pain and doesnt get you high like THC.

Its good but Vaping can make your throat sore, edibles can be overkill and are best taken before bed, smoking can make you hack which isnt fun if your in pain......also it can get old being high a lot if your relying on it as your main pain drug and imo feels just as annoying after a time as fibro-fog can be. that being said sativas can often be far more uplifting and not so foggy high.

My experience sounds a lot like others then, Mojoblowjoe. I'm unable to smoke it due to asthma, and the medibles I've tried so far make my fibro fog much worse. The Green Hornet only made a dent in the pain, so I'm going to another dispensary today, one that's known for working with fibromyalgics. I'm hoping they can give me some direction because I'm getting discouraged with MMJ. Yes, MMJ is my only real pain reliever I take now because the stronger pain relievers completely knock me out and I can't take Tylenol too much as it's tough on my liver. I'll keep posting with my results in hopes it will help others who are getting discouraged like me. Thanks for all the helpful tips, y'all!

TX try the Kratom with CBD or just the Kratom. it should give you pain relief and now high. its best in a tea. i have the pill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back