Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah the fibro fog if you have it bad already can be a big roadblock to finding a cannabis that works. asthema can be helped by vaping some kinds of cannabis but I have no idea what kinds and some yess are very bad for asthma.... too much hacking while in a lot of pain already.

One thing I'm finding out from the past 5 weeks I've been trying MMJ, everyone's own personal body chemistry affects how medibles work for them. The last dispensary I went to is actually a medical cannabis caregiver dispensary and I've found them to be incredibly helpful. That's because some of the folks who work there have fibromyalgia, too, and they've been able to steer me towards products that have worked well for them. My GERD causes issues with some medibles, like the chocolates infused with 100 mg THC. All chocolates except white chocolate, which isn't real chocolate anyway, make my stomach ache about an hour after eating them which is from the acid content in the chocolate, I guess. It's the same with coffee. I can drink some coffee each day, but it has to be low acid coffee I make myself with a toddy system. Anyway, even a small bite of the two chocolate bars hurt my stomach so I went back to the dispensary and bought some mints infused with indica THC to help me sleep. I take a half a mint, only 2.5 mg THC, about an hour before bed and my sleep the past 3 nights that I've done that has been deeper than what I usually get. If I can get to deeper stages of sleep, my fibro will not flare as badly. I'm also trying a sublingual CBD called nternal. The drops taste awful, but if they work I'll tolerate that aspect of it. And I also got a MMJ balm called xternal from the same folks. I'm told it will take at least two weeks to see results from those two meds, so I'll post more here when/if that happens.

Great feedback Txallycat! Thank you for your post. I need to get back to the dispensary and ask more questions. I've been to 3 in my area and have found a difference in their knowledge and assistance.

I live in Canada, where it is legal everywhere. I went to the dr today. He prescribed a low dose of Cesamet which is synthetic mmarijuana (!i hope my extended Heath care covers it!)
I'm going to start tomorrow , I'll keep you posted! Apparently it can help sleep too! I am excited and a bit nervous because feeling high is ime of the potential side effects. I do still work so I hope I can a manage .
I am also from Canada (Alberta) and I will have to disagree with it being legal everywhere. You can still be charged & prosecuted for possession. Only those with a government issued license or a prescription can grow & possess it freely.

Neenee, will be curious if it works for you.

Neenee, will be curious if it works for you.

Not me trying it, though I must admit there have been days I'm tempted. I was just stating it is NOT legal in Canada.

This is the only thing that gives me some relief it seems. And it also helps with my myriad of other disorders (C-PTSD, MDD, Reynaud's, etc.). I am glad to see that it helps so many others as well. Blessings and support to you all.

Thanks LovelyChantel! I've been using it at night and it seems to be helping me sleep....

hello mamahawk! my name is kieran.
i have a friend who smokes marijuana for bipolar disorder, which i also have, and sometimes i go to see her (she lives an hour away so it is not often). i do know that when i have smoked it has helped me feel a lot better - not much pain at all. i wish medical marijuana was legal here because it would help me a lot!

I imagine given time, many more states, and eventually federally, it will be legal. It's coming, it just depends on how much the citizens are pushing in each of the states. It's good to hear it helps you Kieran. I use it mostly topically for pain and it helps me. I use a vape at night and I am sleeping better...Good luck to you!

something i found out about the fed govt and making it legal. You see we have peace treaties with countries all over the world. within those treaties, the usa has listed drugs that we consider illegal and say we will not use them and fight against the ones that do. MJ is on that list. so if the govt does make it legal,we would need to re-write ALL the treaties we have. we would also have to stop the war on drugs. stop seizing the billions of $ from the arrests. So you see why only the states are making it legal. enjoy it while you can. it may go back to being illegal in all states again.

Also check the laws in the states that made it legal. Colorado for example. the state will arrest you. 7 days in jail and a $750 fine if you are found in public with it. the Govt will arrest you on-site even if you have a MMJ card from the state.
The govt is and has threaten to arrest a Governor for making it legal.

research is your tool to success.

Washington has been pretty good. The law enforcement has been supportive. It's allowed them to focus on the other true crimes being committed. My only concern in our state is that the Legislature is trying to lump medical and recreational together to eliminate the dispensaries, and allow them to tax medical too. Not sure how that's going to turn out. Guess I'll find out after session....

Have you tried the lotions. They give relief and are totally non psychoactive. Good luck...Mike.

I recently came across this article about the long term and short term affects of using marijuana. Since it is a gov website I can post the link so all of you can read this and get informed about the good and bad uses, and just know more facts to make wise decisions concerning the use of this plant.
DrugFacts: Marijuana | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

IF I could walk into a MJ store like I can walk into a liquor store, I'd be buying some of the oils for topical use, If I could afford them...not in my budget as I've seen prices at our local dispensaries where one has to get a script from a registry MD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back